Did you know that CDI has 13 (and growing) resume writing how-to video tutorials from the industry’s top TORI resume award winners? Even better, we’ve had at least two recent winners tell us it was those lessons, which are free to members, that gave them the ability to up their resume writing game for the win!
The TORI award competition is slowly clicking down (52 days left to register). Whether you want to enter and try your hand at one of the 30 winning slots, or just enhance your skills, learning from industry leaders will give you the edge you need.
Master-Level Resume Writing Video Tutorials from Award-Winners
Here at CDI we love adding value to the industry by bringing together resume writers of all levels to provide an environment for growth, development, and innovation.
To-date we’ve sourced our programs from award-winners, including: Marie Plett, Kimberly Robb Baker, Mary Elizabeth Bradford, Cheryl L. Simpson, Donald Burns, Tiffany Hardy, Laura Smith-Proulx, and Laura DeCarlo.
The programs cover the strategies needed to create today’s resume ranging from using MS Word for creative design and also making graphic resumes ATS-friendly to dynamic writing through branding and storytelling, client information gathering techniques, and new types such as executive career portfolio resumes.
Again, these trainings are ALL free for CDI members. (Not yet a member? Be sure to scroll down to the bottom where we have included one of our fan-favorite video tutorial lessons for you to access.)
Current video tutorials include:
How to Design ATS-Friendly Graphic Resumes with Marie Plett
How to Embrace the Future of Visual Storytelling in Resume Writing with Skye Berry (Video Master Class)
Story-Based Value Propositions in Resume Writing, LinkedIn Profiles, and Peripheral Documents with Kimberly Robb Baker
Executive Career Portfolio Resumes with Mary Elizabeth Bradford
Resume Formatting Magic Tricks & Charts in MS Word with Marie Plett
Elevate Your Resume Formatting from Blah to Brilliant with Cheryl Lynch Simpson
Mind Control via Emotional Resonance in Resume Writing with Donald Burns
Visual Branding for Resume Writing in MS Word with Cheryl Lynch Simpson
Resume Writing Intake Process with Tiffany Hardy
Headlines & Branding Statements in Resumes with Laura Smith-Proulx
Step-by-Step Creative Logos for Resumes with Marie Plett
Story Telling & Branding in Resume Writing with Kim Robb Baker
Secrets to Writing New Graduate Resumes with Laura DeCarlo
There are 30+ other high-value resources in CDI’s member resume writing section from lessons to tip sheets and video tips to punctuation and grammar primers.
Resume Writers and the TORI Awards
The TORI awards is the resume writing industry’s longest-running resume award competition.
Hosted annually, there are currently 10 categories for a total of 50 chances at nomination and 30 chances to win (first, second, and third place).
2020 TORI categories include:
- Best Marketing Resume
- Best Difficult Transitions Resume
- Best Portfolio Careers Resume
- Best High-Tech Resume
- Best Hospitality (Travel/Tourism) Resume
- Best Healthcare/Medical Resume
- Best Executive Resume
- Best New Graduate Resume
- Best Accounting/Finance Resume
- Best Sales Resume
When you visit the TORI page, you will see how life-changing it has been for many resume writers, allowing them to raise their rates, pick and choose ideal clients, and even double their volume just from nomination.
The TORI resume writing awards are considered the lowest cost, yet highest value marketing strategy a professional resume writer can tap to grow their business. There is literally no faster way to creating visibility and credibility with job seekers. In fact, we’ve even heard from some winners that they don’t even have a website, because their TORI wins displayed on the CDI winning resume page (and linking to their contact information) is all they need for traffic!
Get Started Today with CDI Free Resume Writing Resources
Free to Everyone:
TORI Award Page >> (Includes links to winning resumes, tips, competition information, ROI details, and more)
Free to Members Only:
Here you will find our most popular resume writing resources for professional resume writers:
- How to Design ATS-Friendly Graphic Resumes with Marie Plett (Video Master Class)
- How to Embrace the Future of Visual Storytelling in Resume Writing with Skye Berry (Video Master Class)
- Story-Based Value Propositions in Resume Writing, LinkedInProfiles, and Peripheral Documents with Kimberly Robb Baker (Video Master Class)
- Executive Career Portfolio Resumes with Mary Elizabeth Bradford (Video Master Class)
- Resume Formatting Magic Tricks & Charts in MS Word with Marie Plett (Video Master Class)
- Elevate Your Resume Formatting from Blah to Brilliant with Cheryl Lynch Simpson (Video Master Class)
- Mind Control via Emotional Resonance in Resume Writing with Donald Burns (Video Master Class)
- Visual Branding for Resume Writing in MS Word with Cheryl Lynch Simpson (Video Master Class)
- Resume Writing Intake Process with Tiffany Hardy (Video Master Class)
- Headlines & Branding Statements in Resumes with Laura Smith-Proulx (Video Master Class)
- Step-by-Step Creative Logos for Resumes with Marie Plett (Video Master Class)
- Story Telling & Branding in Resume Writing with Kim Robb Baker (Video Master Class)
- TORI Spotlight – 1st Place Executive Resume, 2018 Competition (Lesson)
- Use Storytelling to Transform Job Descriptions in Resume Writing with Laura DeCarlo (Video Tip)
- Value of Visual & Creative Resumes with Laura DeCarlo & Marie Plett (Video Tip)
- Is the Resume Really Dead? with Laura DeCarlo, Marie Plett & Audrey Prenzel (Video Tip)
- TORI Award-Winning Resume Strategies & You (Core Lesson)
- Lessons in Resume Writing from 2017 TORI Winners (Core Lesson)
- Secrets to Winning TORI Resume Awards (Audio)
- New Graduate Resume Writing Decoded (Core Lesson)
- Secrets to Writing New Graduate Resumes (Video Lesson) – follow up to core lesson above
- Easy Steps to More Clients, Website Fixes, Better Resumes
- 5 Steps to Resume Information Gathering (Infographic)
- Creating Resumes That Visually Pop (Tip Sheet)
- Strategies for Client Resume Writing Interviews (Tip Sheet)
- Employment Gaps in the Resume (Tip Sheet)
- Writing Resumes for Career Changers (Tip Sheet)
- Applicant Tracking Systems (Tip Sheet)
- Creating Resume USPs & Summaries (Audio)
- Resume Writing Power Q&A (Audio)
- Resume Data Mining: Client Information Gathering & Control (Audio)
- Super-Secret Red Carpet Resume Writing Strategy (Core Lesson)
- Write Better Resumes in Seconds: Fixing Terror Errors (Core Lesson)
- Sample Resume Questionnaires
- Best Resume Writing Fonts List
- Action Verb List
- Resume Trends: Global Hiring Survey Report (E-book)
About CDI Membership
Right now you can get access to CDI’s entire library of resources for as low as $48.50.
Consider what new member, Alana Henry, recently wrote us:
I recently became a member of CDI and am absolutely blown away by the depth and breadth of resources for resume writing professionals. Kudos to you all and your team for doing such a great job and really working to ensure the success of resume writing practitioners!
Save when you join now!
Because we are in your corner, we rolled out membership specials at the beginning of April to provide relief to career professionals seeking networking, support, and resources. As quarantine continues in most areas, we have opted to extend these offers.
- Monthly membership: First month 50% off of join fee ($48.50). USE CODE CDIHALF
- Annual membership: First year at $120 off ($227). USE CODE RISE20