We almost closed this award for good when only one nomination came in by the deadline. Luckily the last-chance (forever) announcement lit a fire and we had a record number of submissions.
Every single candidate received votes and for a bit it was head-to-head between two nominees. But we have a clear winner!
With 39.3% of the votes (21.4% more than the the runner up of 8 nominees), we have our 2022 winner.
It is our sincere hope that we see 2023 nominations for the other worthy candidates.
Please congratulate the 2022 winner of the Pat Schuler Kick Butt Award:
Gayle Howard, Top Margin Executive Resumes & Coaching
Congratulations, Gayle! Your long and impressive legacy in the career services industry, role with CDI as our Director of Certifications, creator of our Resume Mastery course, and TORI Award Chair have not gone unnoticed. We’re proud to designate you as Kick Butt Award winner. You would make Pat Schuler proud!
The criteria for the award is simply based on recognizing someone in the careers industry (resume writer, career coach, other career professional) who best represents what Pat stood for:
- Fearless in creating and innovating within the industry and/or the individual business.
- High integrity in communicating with others, customers, peers, colleagues, and on social media.
- Life-long commitment to learning demonstrated through personal stretch to pursue additional training in new areas.
- Focus on giving back through industry contributions such as industry committee participation, mentorship, or article contribution.
- Maintain active CDI membership.
The Pat Schuler Kick Butt Award usually opens for member self-nomination and nomination during September with voting in October and award recognition in November.
Want to submit for 2023?