In continuation of CDI’s 3-Step Process to a 97% Close Rate and a 6-Figure Income…without feeling like you are selling, this is added strategy you can use to turn prospect conversations into sales when you cannot get face-to-face.
Understand – most job seekers come to professional resume writers even thought they, ‘think they could do it themselves but don’t have the time, and are sure we must know a few tricks for 50-cent words and formatting’. When you use the process described in the article mentioned above, you educate them to realize ALL the things they cannot do themselves and position yourself as a necessary expert and not a glorified typist. However, most people are visual so if you cannot ‘show’ them things throughout this educational process they will have a hard time believing what you are talking about is really any different from what they would produce.
A virtual consult MUST include screen sharing on the internet.
Yes, you could tell a client what to look at on your website in advance but there is no guarantee they will or that they will remember by the time you speak. So, use a service like www.join.me, to do free screen sharing. This means your prospect must be on the phone and the internet with you simultaneously. You will then share your screen so that when you are talking about what a resume must do to satisfy the three diverse audiences and decision makers, you can actually SHOW them your amazing resume samples online (make sure they are amazing because your writing is amazing). They should see something they could have never done themselves in terms of layout, form, wording, branding, and strategy.
Next, you can talk about results, which means you can then go to your testimonial page and specifically point out the results your clients are attaining. If you have listened to CDI’s audio program, Capturing Client Testimonials, then you have hard-hitting, specific testimonials that do more than say how happy your client was with their resume but what kind of stellar results they attained.
This visual brings you back to what you would have had face-to-face in that now your prospect knows this is way over his/her head and you are in a professional league that is needed to attain similar results.
I maintained a 94-97% close rate with this process regardless of whether they were from local advertised clients, referrals, internet, etc. Members who have utilized my process boast similar results (you can read them in the testimonials at CDI). Some action steps to take:
- Make sure samples on your website are the best of the best. If you haven’t updated them in a while or your skills need updating, do it now. This is what is selling you. Yes, you need samples, really. Why make it harder on yourself without them?
- Read the 97% close article mentioned above. Absorb and put to use. It works.
- If you haven’t already, create a testimonial page on your website. Make sure what is listed are not powder-puff. It’s not too late if they are. Listen to CDI’s audio on the topic (link above) and download the corresponding testimonial template so you can start putting it to use and getting the hard hitting testimonials that set you apart.
- Sell what matters, which is what you can do for the client not that they get a virtual service discount. I started virtual-only in 2004 and never had to use this as a selling feature. I maybe lost four clients in six years as a result. They were all older and intimidated by technology. Again, use this tried and true process I have provided.
- Strongly consider upgrading your credential to one of CDI’s highly recognized advanced credentials, such as the Certified Master Resume Writer or the Certified Executive Resume Master.
- Pursue winning or being nominated for a TORI resume writing award. This accolade truly helps your resumes sell themselves.
If you are still struggling, invest in your success with CDI’s COIN for Career Pros: Raise Your Prices with Ease course.
You can do this!