Want to double, even triple the number of resumes you write in a week, slash your number of client revisions, soar your number of customer referrals, and elevate the value clients feel they receive by using your resume writing services? Then LIVE resume writing might be for you.
But you’re probably wondering: What’s live resume writing and what can it do for you?
In this Q&A event, we interviewed Bridget Batson of Houston Outplacement on her live resume writing service. She spilled the beans on how she uses it to streamline her process and create raving fans out of clients. She answers the following:
- What’s live resume writing?
- Why did you make the transition to live resume writing? What are the benefits?
- What learning curves or lessons did you encounter when you were starting?
- Do you send clients any prework and/or research their LinkedIn, or do you just dive in?
- How do you ensure they are prepared?
- How do you handle clients who just aren’t able to verbally share information?
- What are the major obstacles with live resume writing?
- Who do you think this is best for?
- Are you live on camera during client sessions?
- What platform do you use for sessions?
- Do you actually compose the graphics and text during the session?
- How do you estimate time needed for the appointments?
- Have you ever run out of time?
- Do you also compose the cover letter with them live?
- How do you create a brand for your resume and LI profiles using live resume writing?
- How many sessions do you hold per client?
- How do you begin a project; is it with a blank Word document?
- Do you conduct a discovery session; how do people buy it from you?
- Time for a C-suite resume session?
- How do you determine the price point?
- How much time/prework goes into this?
- How are you able to do such amazing graphic resumes so quickly?
Bridget Batson is an award-winning resume writer and outplacement professional with a career spanning over 25 years. Her extensive expertise is reinforced by a range of prestigious certifications, including Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW), Certified Executive Resume Master (CERM), Certified Graphic Resume Architect (CGRA), Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW), Nationally Certified Online Profile Expert (NCOPE), and Certified Employment Interview Professional (CEIP).
Driven by a vision that emerged several years ago, Bridget recognized the value of incorporating live resume writing into her practice, allowing her to intimately understand her clients’ perspectives and secure their wholehearted approval at every stage of the process. Consequently, she skillfully transformed Houston Outplacement into a specialized provider of live resume writing services.
Bridget’s true passion lies in empowering her clients to unearth their transferable skills, quantify their accomplishments, and wholeheartedly support them as they embark on their professional journeys. She is a member of the Career Director’s International (CDI) Education Committee, dedicating several years to its service and actively participating in the development and design of various educational materials for CDI members.
When Bridget isn’t diligently burning the midnight oil at her desk, you can often find her eagerly boarding a plane, seeking new destinations and experiences.