Imagine if, as a resume writer, you could greatly increase the success of your job-seeking clients in networking and landing interviews while also adding a new revenue stream to your business. When CDI’s Education Committee reached out to our global membership, they quickly realized that this is possible with a one-page networking resume or mini networking card.
How the One-Page Networking Resume Can Become a Staple in Your Packages
Combined in this tip sheet you’ll find the expert advice of 15 professional resume writers and career coaches on everything you need to know to begin offering one-page networking resumes and/or mini networking cards to your clients. This tip sheet covers:
- Definition of a networking resume.
- How a networking resume differs from a bio.
- Four different ways job seekers can use the networking resume + sample initial script example for connecting to someone on LinkedIn.
- Sections to include in the networking resume, with details and suggestions.
- Details on format and style for the networking resume with emphasis on job targets, industry, and design elements.
- Information on networking cards (net cards, data cards), what they are, what they include, and how they have produced 100% success for job seekers using them.
- When and how to sell the networking resume as well as what to charge for it, and how to incorporate it with packages to make it a sure thing.
- Samples of one-page networking resumes and networking cards.
Special Thanks to Our Contributors
Special thanks to the following members who shared their expertise to make this tip sheet possible.
Maureen McCann, Promotion Career Solutions; Amrita Kolay, AmritaKolay.com; Wendi Weiner, Esq., The Writing Guru®; Arleen Abrams Lieberman; Skye Berry, Skye Is The Limit Resume & Career Solutions; Maryann Riggs; Denese Dominguez, Career Marketers, LLC; Lisa Parker, Professional Resume Presentations; Lori A. Jazvac, Creative Horizons Communications; Sharon Williams, Job Rockit; Laura Smith-Proulx, An Expert Resume; Joanne Meehl, Joanne Meehl Career Services; Marie Plett, Aspirations Career Services; Mary Elizabeth Bradford, MaryElizabethBradford.com; and Laura DeCarlo/CDI’s CEIC program.
Curators & Editors:
Special thanks to members of the education committee for their efforts in creating this tip sheet.
Curated by Rachel Raymond, RVP Writing and Design, LLC
Edited by Rebecca Henninger, The Job Girl/RH Resumes
Get the Tip Sheet and Networking Resume Samples Now
Additional Resume Writing Resources
Free to Everyone:
TORI Award Page >> (Includes links to winning resumes, tips, competition information, ROI details, and more)
Free to Members Only:
Here you will find our most popular resume writing resources for professional resume writers:
- How to Design ATS-Friendly Graphic Resumes with Marie Plett (Video Master Class)
- Resume Writer’s Beginner Guide to Adding Graphics to Resumes in MS Word (Core Lesson)
- How to Embrace the Future of Visual Storytelling in Resume Writing with Skye Berry (Video Master Class)
- Story-Based Value Propositions in Resume Writing, LinkedInProfiles, and Peripheral Documents with Kimberly Robb Baker (Video Master Class)
- Executive Career Portfolio Resumes with Mary Elizabeth Bradford (Video Master Class)
- Resume Formatting Magic Tricks & Charts in MS Word with Marie Plett (Video Master Class)
- Elevate Your Resume Formatting from Blah to Brilliant with Cheryl Lynch Simpson (Video Master Class)
- Mind Control via Emotional Resonance in Resume Writing with Donald Burns (Video Master Class)
- Visual Branding for Resume Writing in MS Word with Cheryl Lynch Simpson (Video Master Class)
- Resume Writing Intake Process with Tiffany Hardy (Video Master Class)
- Headlines & Branding Statements in Resumes with Laura Smith-Proulx (Video Master Class)
- Step-by-Step Creative Logos for Resumes with Marie Plett (Video Master Class)
- Story Telling & Branding in Resume Writing with Kim Robb Baker (Video Master Class)
- Use Storytelling to Transform Job Descriptions in Resume Writing with Laura DeCarlo (Video Tip)
- Value of Visual & Creative Resumes with Laura DeCarlo & Marie Plett (Video Tip)
- Is the Resume Really Dead? with Laura DeCarlo, Marie Plett & Audrey Prenzel (Video Tip)
- TORI Award-Winning Resume Strategies & You (Core Lesson)
- Lessons in Resume Writing from 2017 TORI Winners (Core Lesson)
- Secrets to Winning TORI Resume Awards (Audio)
- New Graduate Resume Writing Decoded (Core Lesson)
- Secrets to Writing New Graduate Resumes (Video Lesson) – follow up to core lesson above
- Easy Steps to More Clients, Website Fixes, Better Resumes
- 5 Steps to Resume Information Gathering (Infographic)
- Creating Resumes That Visually Pop (Tip Sheet)
- Strategies for Client Resume Writing Interviews (Tip Sheet)
- Employment Gaps in the Resume (Tip Sheet)
- Writing Resumes for Career Changers (Tip Sheet)
- Applicant Tracking Systems (Tip Sheet)
- Creating Resume USPs & Summaries (Audio)
- Resume Writing Power Q&A (Audio)
- Resume Data Mining: Client Information Gathering & Control (Audio)
- Super-Secret Red Carpet Resume Writing Strategy (Core Lesson)
- Write Better Resumes in Seconds: Fixing Terror Errors (Core Lesson)
- Sample Resume Questionnaires
- Best Resume Writing Fonts List
- Action Verb List
- Resume Trends: Global Hiring Survey Report (E-book)