So just what is the best resume file format and style to resonate most with employers and recruiters? With so many options to choose from, it’s hard for career professionals and job seekers to know the right one to select when sending applications.
To ensure your clients are making it past the initial scan and appealing to the reader, the CDI Education Committee reached out to a handful of recruiters from different industries to find out:
Best resume file format and style: Do you prefer PDF, ATS-compliant, presentation version with graphics, or other? Please specify why you prefer it.
Seven recruiters and hiring authorities shared their insight on:
- When recruiters and/or employers like to receive two versions of a resume, and why.
- How to know which resume to use for the situation/target.
- How to name your resume for greatest effectiveness.
- Why Word may be the most friendly choice specifically for recruiters, but why you might want to use a PDF instead.
- When graphics make the most sense in a resume.
- How to maximize the ROI of keywords in your resume for ATS and humans.
- Way to step out of the box beyond your resume to garner interest.
Special thanks to recruiters:
Ron Beck | Director of Healthcare Leadership & IT Recruitment at Carecor Health Services Ltd.
Marc Belaiche | President at TorontoJobs.ca
Heather Bellingham | Recruiter at Amazon Web Services
Christian Kaijser | Managing Director at Career Evolutions
Arnold Davis, MS, SPHR, SHRM-SCP | Vice President of Talent Management at AmCap Mortgage, LTD
Jennifer Stephens | Vice President of Strategic Partnerships and Operations at YMCA of Greater Houston
Lisa Criss | Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist – Azure at Microsoft
Learn What Recruiters Have to Say About Best Resume File Format and Style
Login to View the Rest of This Article
Resume Writers and Career Coaches
Access this + all of CDI’s resource library for as little as $97.
Whether you are just starting out or are an established entrepreneur, Career Directors has resources available to take you to your next step.