A fantastic call today with Alexis Grant, journalist and digital strategist of www.alexisgrant.com, on pitching the media in the digital age! Key topics she discussed:
- Why you should ditch the press release and send a casual email instead.
- Why personalizing your pitch is a must.
- How to track down contact info for journalists and bloggers.
- The difference between pitching a blogger and pitching a journalist.
- How to use a newsy angle to convince reporters and bloggers to cover your story.
Alexis Grant worked as a full-time journalist until last year, when she left her job at U.S. News & World Report to grow her own business. Now she helps small businesses with social media and blogging, and sells ebooks and digital courses on her blog, www.alexisgrant.com.
Login to View the Rest of This Article
Resume Writers and Career Coaches
Access this + all of CDI’s resource library for as little as $97.
Whether you are just starting out or are an established entrepreneur, Career Directors has resources available to take you to your next step.