SEO 101 can still be intimidating, even though it denotes a starting point! Many entrepreneurs and small business owners even thinking about SEO can be overwhelming, confusing, and easy to just push to the side and hope you don’t need to worry about it.
But you can’t ignore it! With Google owning 90% of search market share, what you don’t know might hurt you.
That’s why we brought in CDI’s SEO/SEM guru, Jim Cooper of Embassy Desk SEO, to provide the first in a series of webinars on this subject. (See below for the next webinar info).
CDI members had a chance to submit questions in advance as well as live in the session.
- Steps you need to take first on your SEO/SEM journey.
- Why a blog is necessary and one way to find all the subjects you need to write about to attract your target clientele.
- Whether certain types of websites, such as WIX or WordPress, perform better for SEO.
- Function and importance of backlinks for SEO.
- Information on changes to the Google algorithm.
- Definition of SEO/SEM and why you need to care about them.
- The crawling, indexing, and ranking of search engines.
- Explanation of organic vs. paid search.
- Understanding of context and intent for user searches of keywords that let consumers find you and your services.
- Four types of search types with examples.
- Components of goal-driven SEO with examples of key performance indicators (KPI).
- Conversions and conversion rates.
- White Hat SEO techniques you should be using.
- Black Hat SEO techniques that you should never use (with examples).
- Bonus SEO glossary.
+ Plus lots of resources for next steps!
Below you will find:
- Full 62-min webinar video.
- PDF presentation.
- Links to resources Jim promised to share after-the-fact on SEO Site Crawl tools, Keyword and Competitor Research tools, and Google Ads / PPC / SEM.
- Special offer for CDI members (in presentation).
CDI was first introduced to Jim Cooper in 2015 by the former COO of Ali Brown International, who was consulting with us. As Jim was SEO/SEM magic behind the 7-figure Ali Brown business coaching brand, it was easy for us to get excited. We’ve been lucky to do business with Jim, and refer several member career pros his way, ever since.
Jim runs Embassy Desk SEO. As Station Chief he has been working in SEO since 2001, before “SEO” was a buzzword. Truly his love with tech goes back as far as 1997 with his graduate studies in technology and new media at California Institute of the Arts.
He has worked across a variety of industries, including executive compensation consulting, nonprofit associations, higher education + university sites, enterprise-level eCommerce, high-end retail, career services, and much more. He is highly adept with B2B and B2C clients.
Additionally, he has assembled a crack squad of operatives for Embassy Desk which includes world-class designers, vetted expert content creators, junior SEO/SEM specialists, data analysts, and web developers to assist companies in their missions.
Jim says, “SEO is not a magic bullet and will not solve all of your problems. But with enough time + watering and nurturing, it can become the backbone of your company’s lead generation, with a terrific ROI.”
Mark Your Calendars:
SEO Campaign Roadmap Overview
Guest Presenter: Jim Cooper of Embassy Desk SEO
Attend Live: Wed, 4/13 at 12 PM Eastern on Zoom
Cost: free to CDI members
Registration: Yes, Link TBA
Watch the Webinar + Get Resources
Login to View the Rest of This Article
Resume Writers and Career Coaches
Access this + all of CDI’s resource library for as little as $97.
Whether you are just starting out or are an established entrepreneur, Career Directors has resources available to take you to your next step.