Research gives us powerful numbers to motivate us to step up our video game.
- 54% of the polled population want to see more videos from brands.
- 82% of all consumer internet traffic is video content.
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day.
- 72% of customers said they would rather learn about a product or service by way of video.
(Statistics from 135 Video Marketing Statistics You Can’t Ignore in 2022).
What makes video such a powerful marketing media?
- Grabs the attention of diverse audiences across all web and social media platforms.
- Adds the personal touch that supports the adage “people buy from people”.
- Speaks directly to client pain points, which improves the efficiency and ROI of your resources.
- Allows training topics to be consumed by large or global audiences, expanding your client base.
Despite the popularity and appeal, many shy away from video. That’s where CDI’s Education Committee and the power of our member-generated best practice tips are here to rescue you!
In this tip sheet you will learn all you need to know about marketing videos and how to create them for your business.
This tip sheet covers:
- Tools for Video Creation, Editing, and Streaming
- Setting Up Your Background and Framing Your Video
- Lighting Your Videos
- Selecting Topics for Your Videos
- Video Structure and Content
- You on Camera – Overcoming Fear and Getting it Right
- Video Production and Management Tips
- Video Time Limits for Marketing, Education, Live Stream, and Courses
Video Marketing: Get Your Videos Noticed:
- Using Search Engine Optimized (SEO) Keywords to Capture Your Target Market
- Platforms/Best Practices for Publishing and Posting Videos that Maximize Engagement
- Time to Post – Schedule and Frequency of Posting
- Converting Videos to Dollars – Maximizing the ROI of Your Videos
- Tracking Your Time, Effort, and Expense – ID Trends and Design Strategies that Improve Client Acquisition and Revenues
Special Thanks to Our Contributors
The following CDI members each contributed to this discussion:
- Manuela Garofano – MG Coaching
- Athena Ali – The Get Noticed Coach
- Dalena Bradley – Career Marketing Services
- Meg Guiseppi – Executive Career Brand
- Laura DeCarlo – Career Directors International
The following CDI Education committee members worked hard to make this project possible through curation and editing:
- Bridget Batson – Houston Outplacement Resume Writing and Career Counseling
- Elena Sabry – Career Academy
- Laura Hartnell – Career Transition Services
- Lisa K. McDonald – Career Polish
- Marla Emery – Emery Consulting, Inc.
Login to View the Rest of This Article
Resume Writers and Career Coaches
Access this + all of CDI’s resource library for as little as $97.
Whether you are just starting out or are an established entrepreneur, Career Directors has resources available to take you to your next step.