The Toast of the Resume Industry (TORI) awards have been around in one form or another since the year 2000.
Many years ago we instituted standardized 8.5×11 size and the recommendation to use US English for these reasons:
- A4 resumes saved in PDF were having ocassional issues in layout shifts when the judges reviewed them, and that made it hard to judge them effectively.
- Entrants using other than US English were forgetting to mention this to the judges in the final explanation page of their package, and thus with fictionalization it wasn’t always clear if the few word changes were misspellings or not.
The key element is the “many years ago”. Technology has changed a lot, and in talking to a few of our international members, our Director of Certification, and the CDI Board, we have decided to change this to allow you more flexibility and opportunity while ensuring this is truly a global competition.
The new instructions are:
- If your entry is not in U.S. English, please be sure to specify on your explanation page of each project which form of English you are using. (With fictionalization, this might not be immediately clear otherwise and could be seen as typos.)
- Prepare your resume in 8.5 x 11 inch or A4 document size.
Remember, the 2019 TORI’s:
- Close for registration on 6/27/19.
- Provide 10 categories, some all-new and many reimagined, for entry.
- Offer 50 chances to gain a nomination and 30 chances to attain a win (1st, 2nd, 3rd).
- Are considered the industry’s lowest cost and highest ROI opportunity for growing your business (and your skills).
When you register for just one category now, you get access to all the guidelines and will be able to purchase additional categories as late as the final submission deadline of July 16, 2019.