Certified Hidden Job Coach
& Profile Writer Course
In a job search and in your own business, if you don't have a winning LinkedIn profile and understand the new ways of finding and creating job opportunities, you are losing out because you are invisible!
Now you can earn one certification and be able to:
- Write high-ranking LinkedIn profiles that get results.
- Leverage the LinkedIn platform to help your clients stand out in recruiter searches, target hidden jobs, easily become an influencer, and establish key connections to grow their network.
- Guide clients to create online identities not just on LinkedIn but across other platforms so they can readily showcase their brand and eliminate any digital dirt.
- Access Laura DeCarlo's done-for you client package she used in her 4 to 5-figure national transition program and with private clients.
- Utilize tools to sell and package these services to your clients.
- Use these tools for yourself to build authority, visibility, and business growth.
Consider These Facts About Job Searching and Recruiting
LinkedIn Dominates Today's Job Search
Consider these statistics:
• 20 million companies are listed on LinkedIn.
• At any given time there are 20 million open jobs on LinkedIn.
• 87% of recruiters regularly use LinkedIn.
• 122 million people received an interview through LinkedIn.
• 25.5 million people were hired by a person they were connected with on LinkedIn.
(Source - https://kinsta.com/blog/linkedin-statistics/)
Millions use Indeed
Over 140 million job seekers use Indeed each week for job search, with over 175 million resumes in their database.
Google Receives Thousands of Resumes a Day
Google receives as many as 3 million resumes a year, which is over 8000 resumes a day from job seekers, making it impossible to stand out in a sea of rudderless candidates.
Job Boards Are Obsolete
Traditional job boards are on the decline and are rapidly becoming archaic with employer job postings declining by as much as 90% in the shift to new technologies, sourcing, and social tools.
Most Employers Screen Candidates on Social Media
Social search is dominating the market as approximately 80% of employers use social media sites like LinkedIn to screen job candidates.
Most Companies Recruit on Social Media
70-80% of recruiters and employers state they source talent for job openings through social media sites.
(Sources - Careerbuilder.com, BusinessNewsDaily.com, Indeed.com, Inc.com)
What's a job seeker to do?
How's a coach and resume writer to guide them?
The change taking place in how jobs are found is simply startling. Job seekers need to find their place online and they need you to lead them there. CDI's Certified Hidden Job Coach & Profile Writer (CJCPW) will steer you through this maze and provide you with the tools, practical knowledge, and step-by-step processes to expand your skill set, grow your business, and empower your clients to succeed in this new arena!
BONUS: This course includes 50 pages of bonus done-for-you materials you can use with clients!
In fact, there is a not-so-hidden marketing bonus to the CJCPW course for you:
While you are learning what to do for your clients to establish, clean up, or grow their online presence and perform their job search, you can apply the same tools and techniques to yourself and your business!
Our first graduate of the former course (CP-OJSRM) took this to heart and used herself as one of the final case study campaign projects. Using the tools in Module 7, she first determined her current online visibility so she could then begin ramping up her online presence so that her name and her business are more accessible online. What a silver lining - grow your skills, grow your business simultaneously...you could even expand your client base to other consultants and entrepreneurs who face the same challenges!
With the new Certified Hidden Job Coach & Profile Writer course you'll be able to nail online success for your job search clients and yourself.
Includes relevant, current content as of November 2020. Because it may be in need of updates, the price has been discounted. You will receive access to the next update free of charge.
- Everything you and your clients need to know to succeed on LinkedIn from having a winning profile and showing up in recruiter searches to growing their network strategically and using activity features efficiently.
- The best of tried-and-true job search strategies and how to perform them efficiently and effectively online.
- Cutting-edge social strategies which encompass online networking and job development as well as online identity and reputation management.
- Instructions on how to identify target companies, job match employment descriptions, and find key contacts online.
- Tools you can use to help your clients AND boost your own online visibility and expertise.
- A new revenue stream for your business coupled with added success for your clients! You'll make more money per client while increasing your confidence and their results.
- An easy way to reduce risk of clients blaming the resume for their lack of success when they don't know how to job search.
- A ready-made 50-page bonus packet of done-for-you resources to guide your client through self-assessment, search preparation, and job search.
Whether you want to educate your clients in workshops or one-to-one coaching, create online identities, stay up-to-date on new industry trends, write LinkedIn profiles, and/or put together job search and career packages for your clients, here's just some of what you will be able to do when you finish this course:
- Utilize the web to more easily find the information you are seeking.
- Score a client’s existing online identity to help them see where they stand.
- Capitalize on online tools to find hidden jobs and build target company lists.
- Create LinkedIn profiles for clients that are optimized to show up in searches.
- Leverage free online resources to identify hidden jobs, careers, new industries, and networking opportunities.
- Assist clients in finding hidden contacts and getting endorsements.
- Leverage groups to grow visibility, without ever becoming active in them.
- Handle everything about moving a cold contact at a target company to a warm one willing to help.
- Reverse engineer LinkedIn Recruiter to ensure clients rank high in searches.
- Gain authority and visibility on LinkedIn Activity in the easiest and fastest way possible (includes format).
- Guide clients to establish a presence on Twitter and then create an information campaign of expertise.
- Help clients to use Twitter to monitor industry activity and opportunities with various job search and monitoring tools.
- Show clients how to become active on Facebook, especially those in consulting or self-employment.
- Apply LinkedIn Stories to brand-building.
- Help clients to establish a blog presence or become a content curator to showcase their expertise and become known in their space.
- Teach clients to make networking contacts through discussion groups and ListServs while establishing their expertise.
- Advise and assist clients to clean up (and avoid) digital dirt on the internet.
- Position clients to go viral with their expertise (or at least information share).
- Teach clients about the do’s and don’ts of online video, and understand why it's in demand today.
- Use free tools to create a an online portfolio presence outside of standard social networks.
- Resell (affiliate relationship) online job search tools and hidden job search training materials for win-win profits and client success.
- Gain media attention from journalists to get quoted on the Web and in print.
- Publish articles on the Internet as well as press releases and e-books.
- Provide advice to clients on starting radio shows and creating podcasts.
- Leverage online career management tools for smooth tracking and transition.
- Develop strategy plans using all the above tools, which focus on online identity campaigns for job seekers, consultants, and solopreneurs; career research campaigns (resources for pursuing a new career), and job opportunity identification campaigns.
- Increase your per-client revenues and your client successes.
Plus, a special bonus:
- Grab a bonus 50-page packet of done-for-you client tools ($199 value) - an updated version of the exact materials I would give to private clients and participants in my nationwide transition assistance program to the US government and corporations. It includes:
- introductory discussion pitch to explain the need for these services
- links to CDI sales scripts for selling and packaging
- ideas and their benefits on how to offer and upsell the services (1-1, group, evergreen)
- SWOT analysis activity
- budgeting tips
- skill identification
- goal setting
- traits of successful job seekers
- values checklist
- goals worksheets
- employment analysis worksheet
- skills matching worksheet
- accomplishment worksheet
- how others see me worksheet
- job search success rates
- job search success tips
- activity goals checklist
- networking worksheet
- job lead worksheet
- job lead ranking strategy
- employment application worksheets and advice
- reference page how-to and template page
- thank you letter tips
- networking campaign tips and brainstorming list
- principles of direct employer contact and scripting strategy
- telephone tips
- dealing with employment agencies
- dealing with recruiters.
In short, you will have the knowledge, confidence, tools, and skill to write winning LinkedIn profiles and to direct your clients on how to navigate the online job world successfully while also boosting your own social media visibility.
Get certified today!
The course begins with your introduction and big bonus done-for-you client package followed by recommended reading and moves into seven modules of course material with exercises for completion in each which will be submitted as part of a final portfolio of work.
I'm not going to lie - Module 7 is 71 pages long since it covers the 21 key ways to apply social networking tools and resources to the job search.
I could have broken module 7 up, but I wanted you to have a single handy resource that you could easily return to again and again. (The modules are all MS Word files).
The ninth module includes sample campaigns and instructions on creating three such campaign case studies for the completion of the portfolio. These case studies can be created on real or fictional clients, and have even been completed by students on their own personal and business identities.
Your mentor and the course creator, Laura DeCarlo, will be available via email to answer your questions and provide feedback on your module exercises.
Upon successful completion and approval of the portfolio and case studies, the certification will be issued. There is no final exam.
Who Should Take This Course
Any career professional, working with clients at any and all levels, who wants to write and optimize online profiles and understand how to effectively utilize the Internet for job search, online identity, career management, industry/professional/job research, and reputation management.
Remember - this course blends old and new so while you may come upon techniques with which you are familiar, we have made every effort to introduce new techniques and online spins that make the common easier, more efficient, more innovative, and more effective.
Course Time Frame
Since it is a self-paced curriculum, you can take as long as you need within one calendar year of registration. However, most students would be able to easily complete the program in approximately 6-8 weeks by committing 3-5 hours per week. There are no live class sessions to ensure you have the flexibility to work at your own pace, day or night. You will be provided with support and feedback from the course creator as your mentor throughout the program to ensure your success! Please be advised that you must maintain an active CDI membership to complete any phase of the program. Any updates created in one year of purchase will be automatically accessible.
Participant Feedback (Former Course Versions)
Are you ready to start? Register Now.
Purchase today and save $400. This program was created in November 2020 so may be in need of updates. You will receive access to the next update free of charge.
Not a Member of CDI? Membership is a Prerequisite.
If you are not currently a CDI member, please select the Non-Member rate below as it includes mandatory membership.
Non-member registration includes one year of individual membership ($347 value) to Career Directors International: Your Pathway to Success, rich with ongoing support, networking, and new information.
For non-members who desire a 3-pay option, membership must be purchased first from the Member Benefits page. Afterwards, you can then select the 3-payment option above to purchase the product.
The CHJPW certification must be renewed every two years (it could be three years, but depends solely on this volatile industry) by purchasing the program update modules. Depending on how comprehensive industry changes are, the update may range from $25-300. (Higher cost will involve total program revamps, which have now happened five times since the course launched in 2005).
All requirements of CHJPW certification, renewal, and CDI membership standards must be maintained in order to earn or retain a CDI credential. CDI reserves the right to revoke a CHJPW credential for any of the following: Renewal requirements are not maintained and completed within required timelines. Membership lapses due to non-renewal. Individual is found guilty in a court of law for a grievance within the industry (unprofessional, unethical, unlawful conduct and/or business practices).
Old Logo and Course Replacement
CDI no longer recognizes the CIJSE.
This course has been out of date since February 2011. It then switched to the CP-OJSRM through 11/2020. It is now the CHJPW.
If you hold this credential you should upgrade to the current course.