Interviewing your resume clients to elicit information can be challenging. Whether you do questionnaires, live interviews, or a hybrid, digging out the best information hinges on the questions you ask. The CDI Education Committee tapped the wisdom of CDI members for this tip sheet on information gathering and came up with five pages of key tips, strategies, and questions which cover:
- Helping clients prepare before their interview with you.
- Guiding clients through the interview process.
- Using call control to get clients back on track when they get side-tracked.
- Applying questioning using favorite questions and value questions to extract data.
- Utilizing the CARB method to get juicy, metric-filled answers.
- Controlling data flow and next steps after the interview.
This comprehensive tip sheet will make your client resume interviews more effective.
Login to View the Rest of This Article
Resume Writers and Career Coaches
Access this + all of CDI’s resource library for as little as $97.
Whether you are just starting out or are an established entrepreneur, Career Directors has resources available to take you to your next step.