With work from home arrangements now the norm, virtual job interviews have become quite common. As career professionals, we need to know how to best prepare our clients for these types of interactions. To understand the changes that are taking place in virtual interviewing, the CDI Education Committee reached out to a handful of recruiters from various industries to discover the answer to:
Since COVID-19, what changes have you been seeing take place in virtual job interviews and how can job seekers best prepare themselves?
Three recruiting professionals shared priceless advice that will ensure your job-seeking clients are up to speed to shine in their virtual interviews. Their advice covers:
- Preparation strategies to ensure technology (and people) do not derail the interview(s).
- Understanding the Zoom platform and menu, and getting comfortable and confident before interviews.
- Phrasing, speech tips, and what not to say.
- How to dress for virtual interviews (and how to find out what attire is appropriate).
- Tips for what to have handy (and how to bring them up in the interview).
- Different video interview platforms that may be encountered.
Special thanks to recruiters:
Ron Beck | Director of Healthcare Leadership & IT Recruitment at Carecor Health Services Ltd.
Tina Nicolai | Founder and Chief Resume Writer at Resume Writers’ Ink
Marc Belaiche | President at TorontoJobs.ca
Learn What They Have to Say About Virtual Job Interviews