You know you need to keep up on your blog posting to capture all those juicy resume-writing or career coaching opportunities. But it takes two hours out of your morning just to think of the right topic, and you still haven’t written a thing! So, CDI is excited to bring you this blogging strategy tip sheet and editorial calendar which will help you plan while cutting down on the time you spend on blogging each week.
These materials were created for CDI by Jeri Hird Dutcher of Workwrite, CDI’s former Education Committee Chair.
She writes, “Before my resume-writing and coaching career, I was a newspaper editor. To keep up on our community events and seasonal topics, I kept an editorial calendar that helped me plan and assign articles and interviews for each week. Applying the same technique to blogging saved me an enormous amount of time and effort. It will do the same for you.”
This tip sheet covers:
- Creating your editorial calendar + a downloadable editorial calendar template in MS Word.
- Planning strategy for a year’s worth of content topics, including certain industry events and holidays.
- Brainstorming weekly subtopics and planning your writing.
- Writing blog post copy.
- Leveraging weekly blog posts into daily social media content.
- Keeping up with trends and topics to amend your schedule.
- Pivoting when topics change and the calendar doesn’t work.
Free for CDI members.
Not yet a member?
You can get access to this resource (+ the entire CDI member library) for just $97!