Pricing and closing power for career coaches, resume writers, and other career industry professionals
How long have you been thinking about raising your prices? How long has that been calling to you and terrifying you?
Or, did you try to raise them before and didn’t find it successful, quickly returning to the lower ‘safer’ pricing although you feel you deserve more for your time and effort?
Regardless of where you are in the pricing and closing paradigm, NOW, you can get past the ‘should’ and the uncertainty, and get easily into the how – the mechanics, the strategy, and the closing – with CDI’s proven program: The Sordid Topic of Coin: Pricing It, Getting It, Nailing It.
Whether your goal is to make enough money to take your business part-time, to quit your full-time job and make this ‘dream’ a reality, or increase your financial security, you CAN do it…and easily, with the tools provided by the super-team of Laura DeCarlo and Pat Schuler.
As one of your instructors, I can tell you I’ve been there. Over 20 years ago when I was getting started as a resume writer and career services provider, I was terrified when the phone would ring. That meant there was someone on the other end of the line who wanted to know, “What does it cost?” How was I going to tell them the price and convince them it was worth it before they got sticker shock?? I needed a process badly.
I struggled for a few years and then landed on a six-figure secret due to an amazing mentor. Thanks to an easy process I avoided what could have been decades of financial struggle and emotional frustration to begin earning 6-figures with ease.
Further, I’ve spent the last decade mentoring, coaching, and studying some of the industry’s happiest and most successful career professionals. I’ve captured the secrets to monetary success including the strategies for getting your prices in line, getting past your own inner critic, and for getting on board with simple just successful pricing and selling processes.
As your other instructor, it might be easy to think I have always earned $400-600 an hour for sales coaching of career professionals. But that’s not the case. In the beginning, as a shiny new coach I can remember the first time a real client, who was not just a friend helping me get started, paid me $50 per hour for my service. When my coach suggested I raise my fees by $10 an hour, I turned green and pretty much stopped breathing. I felt like I’d never get another client at that rate!
Fast forward 15 years – $400-600 per hour, and clients consistently say it’s a bargain for their ROI. My clients increase their revenue an average of 37% from working with me. I’m not going to tell you about the people who double and triple their revenue, although there are many in this industry whom you would definitely recognize – it sounds too much like infomercial territory.
And, no, it won’t take you 15 years! When you begin employing the strategies from this class, you can see results immediately.
What changed? How do my clients do it? You’ll leave this session with the answers, process and strategy.
By participating in this exclusive program you can:
Drastically increase your prices.
Greatly improve your closing ratio.
Get excited by each new prospect.
Ramp up and make some real money.
What might you expect as an outcome from this program?
If you average three clients a week at $400 each and double your rate, this means in the next 12 months you would see your gross revenue jump from $60,000 to $120,000 before even considering what closing more prospects will add.
Doubling your rate too aggressive or intimidating? We’ll be sharing a variety of strategies that let you pick the perfect, comfortable fit for you. Should you only increase your rates by a modest $50 per client each quarter, you will still earn over $20,000 more in the next year.
WHAT YOU GET
Three recorded sessions of the program customized for the needs of self-employed career and resume practitioners like you:
Session One: Pricing It – with Laura DeCarlo, guest Pat Schuler
- Overcoming the myriad life-sucking repercussions of your under-pricing.
- Dragging your perception-of-what-it-is-worth monster out from under the bed (and beating it into submission).
- Understanding what the market will bear vs. what you see as acceptable for pricing.
- Learning different ways to raise your prices without raising your hackles. Sneak past your inner critic!
- Keeping the momentum in your pricing life cycle.
- Also, pricing strategies can be a little scary. Pat will share more strategies to make sure scary doesn’t stop you in your tracks.
Session Two: Getting It – with Pat Schuler, guest Laura DeCarlo
You’ll learn plug-n-play strategies for handling issues such as:
- Getting your foot out of your mouth (and your heart out of your throat) when it comes to pricing and closing.
- Handling ‘how much does it cost?’ …without twitching.
- Understanding what the client is really buying and why – no more mindreading.
- Taking control – boundaries and the strong sales process – Why they can mean a difference of up to 40% in your price AND your closing rate (and you’re still in service to the client).
- Ensuring your prospects understand the consequences of not hiring you, AND doing it without being mean or scary.
- Recognizing what you’re worth and getting it – or even better, justifying and getting the prices you want and need to charge.
- Also, different strokes for different folks. Laura will share a 180 degree approach to give you ‘options’ for the best selling fit.
Session Three: Getting It (YOUR BIG BONUS) – Mini Hot Seat Sessions / Q&A
Now that you’ve built an arsenal of strategy and tactics, how do you make it real for you? In this bonus session recording you will hear your colleagues asking the same questions you have to identify tools and solutions to challenges in pricing, packaging, and closing the sale. Pat and Laura provide real, applicable strategies you can put to use immediately.
* * *
Plus, 10 outstanding bonuses to increase your ROI!
Navigating Pricing Pitfalls
You’ll learn a spectacularly simple process for moving clients from the option of yes and no to one of yes and yes, while increasing your per-project revenue with pricing and packaging. Added strategies on website pricing.
The sky’s the limit!
Clients as Spokesperson Strategy – Testimonials (with MP3)
Sample template form and audio for transforming clients into spokespeople in a way your prospects will eat up.
Pricing & Packaging Client Sheets
Interchangeable and customizable pricing/packaging client marketing materials to instantly guide you on building in more revenue opportunities per sale without the stress.
CDI Pricing Survey Report
30+ pages of current pricing and packaging information for the careers and resume industry.
The Consequences Continuum
So you hear something like, “I really need a resume,” and you think, Hot dog, I’ve got a live one!
No, you actually don’t. What you’ve got at that point could not be further from a strong prospect.
How can I know that? You’re missing the key ingredient that tells you the prospect is clearly ready to take action and spend money, serious money, with you.
First time ever: The Consequences Continuum!
You will be able to tell if the prospect is serious, how serious, and how willing to spend money, just by looking at this handout. You can see where they land on the continuum based on what you’re hearing from them. If they’re a potential fit, what you learn in this workshop will guide you to move them toward the Action and MONEY end of the Continuum.
Advanced Closing Strategies Checklist
Your quick and handy reference list to the top 13 closing strategies you can leverage with your prospects.
Big Boost-Your-Revenue Bennies
Two separate resources to build your per-client revenue – freebies tips and 6-figure success camp process.
Overcoming Money Hang-Ups (with MP3)
Your income can be intimately tied to your conscious and unconscious beliefs about money. Come set yourself free with this powerful session on how to break your barriers and make it easier to increase your earnings.
SWOT Analysis Pain & Coaching Strategy (with MP3)
Learn how to use a SWOT Matrix to rapidly show your prospects their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. You’ll rapidly pinpoint their pains and reasons for needing to invest in your services.
MP3 Audio Recordings, Listen Online Audio Links, and PDF Documents of Sessions
* * *
Who Will Benefit
This program is for you if you are:
- Tired of working too many hours per project and not being adequately compensated.
- Sick of being locked in to your prices and convinced this is ‘what the market will bear’.
- Open to guidance and able to take what you want from suggested processes and make them your own.
- Ready to take action and make a leap, be a tiny bit brave, and say ‘yes’ to more revenue.
Regardless of whether you are just starting out or have been in this industry more than a decade, you can accelerate your pricing and your earning with this program.
Who Will Not Benefit
This program is NOT for you if you are:
- Unwilling to listen to and act on advice from those who have ‘been there and successfully done that’ in pricing.
- Stuck on believing your own inner critic as to why you cannot and will not be able to charge as much as your successful colleagues.
- Not ready to make a change in the way you do things.
It doesn’t have to be this way, but sometimes you are just not ready to do what it takes and make what can seem a leap of faith. If the faith is not there, then you aren’t ready to fly with us.
Once you sign up, you will receive everything in one convenient email so that you can begin immediately.
Get started now:
*If you are not currently a CDI member, please select the Non-Member rate above as it includes mandatory membership. For more information on membership visit the Member Benefits page.
CDI membership is a prerequisite for registration.
For more information on COIN, contact CDI at firstname.lastname@example.org.