Your Career Website Roadmap:
Boost Your Profits & Performance
Is your website leaving money on the table by losing you prospects, failing to pre-sell, or just making you work too hard?
If you have a website, you need to see this!
If you don’t have a website, you REALLY need to see this too, but for different reasons!
Today, people expect the professionals they do business with will have a website.
Not only are you expected to have a website, but consumers have come to expect that whether your business is big or small, your web presence will be professional.
But let’s face it, how high- (or low-) end your website is does NOT necessarily have a correlation to your success.
In fact, any website, no matter how great the content, the presentation or the SEO, may still not give you what you want in terms of:
- How many prospects contact you.
- How many prospects sign up for your free initial offer.
- How many prospects convert from your free offer to paying customer.
- How much revenue you gross each week, month, and year.
- How hard you are going to have to work.
Did you know that even high-performing six-figure resume writing and career coaching businesses are leaving TONS of money on the table with their websites?
How does this happen? There are several ways:
- You got help on your website content from someone who didn’t intimately know the industry or what hot buttons job seekers have in their buying decisions.
- Your initial free offer doesn’t exist, doesn’t connect to a funnel to engage prospects, or just is very old school; so your signups, click throughs, and conversions are down (or non-existent).
- Your content is confusing because you’ve made the VERY common mistake of being too close to your information and not presenting it the way people think and make decisions.
- Your landing pages are dull – there’s no call to action, no tapping into the pains or reasons job seekers need your help – there’s just not a strong or clear enough incentive to contact you.
- You’re asking clients to make too many decisions (what to look at and what they need) instead of guiding them to complete solutions.
- Your prices are too low or you haven’t crafted the right packages (at the right price) for adequate ROI per client.
- You’ve hidden some of the most valuable information about why prospects should hire you on a page they will never click on. Or worse, you haven’t included that information at all.
- You focused so much on slick looks and professionalism, but didn’t put enough emphasis on value-adding content.
Of course, there are a million other little reasons why your website could also be holding you back, but the point is:
Your website is your brand, your marketing, and a large part of your sales process, whether you know it or not.
It determines whether prospects will be excited and pre-sold or if they will leave your site without making contact.
It determines how hard you will have to work for each dollar on the sales you do close.
That’s right, “It determines how hard you will have to work for each dollar.”
Career services are typically time intensive.
Can you afford a bunch of one-off a la carte sales, low-dollar services, or poorly priced packages?
Chances are you are letting it happen right now, and thus working a heck of a lot harder than you need to!
I see it time and time again – career professionals making their jobs HARDER because they don’t know the magic factors in guiding a prospect through their pains to the complete solution that is a win-win.
BUT THERE IS GOOD NEWS!
This is all stuff you can fix with some guidance! Yes, I said “Stuff” because it’s not rocket science! It’s actually going to be a lot easier than you think! When I point you to it, you are going to have lots of “Ah ha!” moments!
You see, when I consult with my private clients (resume writers and career coaches) one of the first things I do before their first session is take a look at their website. So, even before talking to them, I have a really good idea of how confident they are, how well they are pre-selling, if they are likely to have a strong funnel, how well their website is going to work for them, and how hard they are having to work for their money!
I always want to put a LOT of focus on the website, because it’s what almost all your prospects will see first and it can make you, break you, or just wear you down in over-work or stress.
You can have all the confidence in the world and even all the expectation of upselling someone into a fabulous package, but if they don’t get past your website you end up waiting, stressing, and probably under-valuing in an attempt to make ends meet. (Which is a vicious cycle that burns you out).
So we can cut all that out by making sure your website is doing what it is supposed to do.
Let’s be really clear on what I am NOT asking you to do:
I’m not asking you to make any time commitment for coaching on website design or marketing.
I’m not asking you to put me on a monthly retainer to maintain your website and marketing efforts.
Instead, we are going to make this a really direct and succinct process that gives you the keys to the kingdom in one slam dunk package:
Step One: You provide me with your URL along with answers to a 2-page questionnaire that tells me about your business, your performance, and your goals. (It’s TOTALLY confidential).
Step Two: I review your questionnaire and go through your website to perform an in-depth site survey to create your website roadmap for improvement.
Step Three: We meet for a 90 minute recorded web/phone session where you can see my screen. During the session we go through recommended changes and suggestions, and you get to pick my brain on the website topics most important to you so that you leave with solid strategy, content, and/or wording for moving forward.
In short, after the session, you will walk away with a clear understanding of real actions you can take for strengthening your entire business infrastructure by making your website WORK FOR YOU so that you can:
- Raise your prospect click-through level for increased consultations.
- Get prospects excited and ready to buy higher-priced package solutions.
- Increase your engagement so your list grows, your sales expand, and you retain new and existing business.
- Expand your profit per client and thus your overall revenue.
- Work a lot less hard to have the business you want to have.
Could I do the website work for you? Sure.
Would it cost a lot more? Absolutely.
Can you still decide to get a web developer to make the website changes we discuss and strategize? You bet. I’m not requiring you to become tech savvy.
I just want you to KNOW what will make your website, and therefore your business, ROCK!
I really believe there is power in helping you to see and understand what works, and how/why. That’s a lot better than paying me to work magic for you every month that takes real and continued revenue out of your pocket.
This is one and done!
So, to make sure this is really clear, I’m going to:
- Find out via a questionnaire about your business, what’s important to you, your goals, your performance, and any areas you want us to look closely at with your website (your concerns).
- Review up to 12 pages of website content to identify any and all opportunities for improvement. This means I will read and review pages for content, load time, titles, broken links, engagement level, asking for the sale, product and package focus, content confusion, appropriate pricing, relevance, errors, offers, and more.
- Meet with you for 90 minutes of screen sharing, discussion, reporting, and digging to provide you with insight and strategies for your website roadmap. NOTE: There’s no way I can’t put my coaching hat on when things like pricing and packaging come into play. So, you can expect to get a lot of meat here beyond a list of ‘to do’ items. I want this to work for you.
- Provide a video recording of the session to guide you in making your changes and tweaks.
Yes, as needed I can and will make suggestions of SEO experts, web developers, free and low-cost apps, and plug-ins, hosting services, and etc.
You can rest assured that NONE of this is canned. It will all be tailored to YOU, your needs, your business, and your website.
I never give one-size-fits-all ideas and won’t guide you to do something that isn’t a fit for you.
You won’t end up with ideas that create a website that looks, reads, and feels like that of every client I work with.
You won’t be expected to set aside ethics or work outside of your comfort zone. Again, my coaching hat comes on to guide you if something doesn’t feel right (for instance pricing/packaging) into baby steps you might need to take to begin moving toward appropriate positioning.
My private clients double and triple their revenue while freeing up their time for a BIG reason – I guide them to the solutions that will work for them. I don’t try to shove them into a method or style that doesn’t feel right!
So Who the Heck Am I?
Hi, I’m Laura DeCarlo, President of Career Directors International, multi-certified business success coach, award-winning resume writer, author, Certified Customer Acquisition Specialist, Certified Content Marketing Specialist, Money Breakthrough Method® Coach, Infinite Possibilities Certified Trainer, elite member of Forbes Coaches Council, and a Certified Money, Marketing and Soul Coach®. And because I walk what I talk on the importance of lifelong learning, I'm currently working my way through seven more intensive certifications to stay up-to-date in all I know and coach on in copywriting, conversion funnels, email marketing, community marketing, SEO, social media marketing, video marketing, and more.
I’m here to tell you that regardless of your geography, your sales and marketing skills, and your current level of expertise, if you engage with me for your website roadmap, you can begin to break barriers to working less, making more, and becoming a 6-figure-plus income producer.
I have been there and can tell you stories of the pioneer days of websites and marketing. But more importantly, I'm known for helping career and resume performers be agile and profitable TODAY, with today's unique global market and challenges for visibility and conversion.
It doesn't matter where you are at today. Together we can position you for a profitable and joyful tomorrow, starting now with your ever-so-important website!
Don't have a website yet?
That’s OK. While this particular service isn’t right for you, you can engage with me through my Career Business Profit Rocket Individualized Consulting program. Together we can help you make the most powerful moves to put and keep your business on a fulfilling profit path.
Client Sucess Stories
Ready to Move Your Website Forward?
It's such an important time to be growing your business, we're offering $200 off right now. Regularly $1297 US!
Not a Member of CDI? Membership is a prerequisite.
Non-member registration includes one year of individual membership ($347 value) to Career Directors International: Your Pathway to Success, rich with ongoing support, networking, and new information.
If you are not currently a CDI member, please select the Non-Member rate below as it includes mandatory membership. For more information on membership or to select monthly membership instead, visit the Member Benefits page.