Handy Downloadable Documents for Resume Writing, Practice Management, Job Search Strategy, and more!
Information is great — articles, newsletters, audio recordings, webinars… but what about when you just want some tips on the best way to handle something, and you want them quick??
That’s why CDI provides members with Best Practice Tip Sheets!
What they do:
Provide critical, detailed answers and best practices for handling your most challenging questions in client relations, resume writing, practice management, career coaching, and much more. Some tip sheets are even written directly to the job seeker so that you can share them as-is with your clients.
Tip sheet topics:
CDI adds approximately 5-10 new tip sheets a year to the member’s section of resources. Here is the current list of best practice tip sheets that members have access to, with more always on the way:
- Selecting a credit card processor
- Calculating your prices/rates
- Pricing strategies for resume writing, career coaching, and service packages
- Demonstrating cost of employment vs. cost of career services
- Crafting a powerful and protective client agreement
- Identifying difficult clients
- Setting boundaries and controlling clients
- Strategies and tips for income tax preparation
- Adding value to resume packages with bonus items
- Attracting new clients with FREE promotional teleclasses and webinars
- Using resume writing and career coaching guarantees
- Relaxing and de-stressing
- Taking a vacation without getting hassled or losing business
- Data backup strategies
- Client follow up strategies
- Your career business website: getting started (9 pages!)
- Increase your business with professional referrals (10 pages!)
- Growing your business through client referrals
- Subcontracting from both sides of the contract (10 pages!)
Interviewing, Job Search & Career Coaching
- Creating interview portfolios
- Salary negotiation for job seekers
- Helping older job seekers
- Questioning strategies for coaching clients on job search
- Strategies for job seeker telephone interview preparation
- Educating clients on survival jobs
- Networking for job search success
- Job seekers: keep your balance while looking for a job
Resumes, Documents & Social Profiles
- Creating resumes that visually pop (14 pages!)
- Writing the professional biography
- Resume Writing: strategies for interviewing your clients (5 pages!)
- Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) + sample resume template
- Creating LinkedIn profiles (8 pages!)
- Helping older job seekers
- Strategies for creating military transition documents
- Handling employment gaps in the resume
- Recommended fonts for resumes
- Writing resume for career changers
- Helping clients with multiple job targets
- Resumes and CVs for the UK
- Resumes and CVs for Canada
- Resumes and CVs for Australia
MORE TO COME EACH MONTH!
Members can login to view best practice tip sheets.
Not yet a member? Join now.