The 2019 winner has been announced. Check below for new 2020 rules.
The idea was brought to CDI by member Virginia Franco and we can’t think of a better way in which to honor Pat.
Because, let’s face it, when you think Kick Butt, you will always think of Pat Schuler.
It may have been the name of two of her programs – Kick Butt Sales and Kick Butt Women – but Pat was the epitome of the Kick Butt spirit as an entrepreneur, friend, and leader. She has led many career industry professionals she coached to walk her path and evoke her beautiful and powerful spirit.
So with the Pat Schuler Kick Butt Award, CDI will be seeking to recognize one member each October who has truly been kicking butt!
The criteria for the award is simply based on recognizing someone who best represents what Pat stood for:
- Fearless in creating and innovating within the industry and/or the individual business.
- High integrity in communicating with others, customers, peers, colleagues, and on social media.
- Life-long commitment to learning demonstrated through personal stretch to pursue additional training in new areas.
- Focus on giving back through industry contributions such as industry committee participation, mentorship, or article contribution.
- Maintain active CDI membership.
Nominations (self or third party) will be open during part of Fall each year.
For 2020 the open scheduled is TBA announced Fall.
There is only one submission per person, per year.
The nomination process is simple:
Create a document in MS Word that has sections for each of the bullet points above. Then describes how the nominee meets the listed criteria and is qualified to win the award. In 2020 this can be emailed in the Fall, dates TBA to to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection process is, hopefully, also simple:
It is once again based solely on CDI member votes.
New Rules for 2020:
- Voting will only be open to CDI members since they are the ones most able to validate whether a candidate kicks butt as a career professional. (Sorry, no friends, family, or clients).
- Nominations will only be open to CDI members.
- Anyone who manages to double vote will have all their votes removed.
The winner will be announced in late October or November, depending on how the selection process runs.
The winner will be sent a logo and certificate to represent and market their achievement.
Help us honor Pat’s legacy. Go out there and kick butt for your business, your life, and in memory of Pat Schuler!
Rest in Peace, Pat Schuler. You are deeply loved and we honor the difference you made to our lives and businesses.