Welcome to your free sneak peek into a CDI member benefit: Best Practice Tip Sheets! CDI’s Education committee collaborates with the membership to create and roll-out ten of these tip sheets a year. You will find at-your-fingertips, done-for-you advice and resources in areas of business management, business growth and marketing, pricing, resume writing, career coaching, job search, career management and more. Check out the complete list of Best Practice Tip Sheets now. Review other CDI benefits.
Like what you see? For a limited time you can join CDI at a $120 savings off regular annual rates with code RISE20! Or sign up with our easy monthly option.
Creating Employment Reference Pages Best Practice Tip Sheet
All job seekers need professional employment references, but many aren’t prepared. With your help, they can choose, prepare, and follow up with the best references, gather their information, and use them like a pro to leverage in their job search. Plus, it creates an added revenue stream to boost your dollars per client — what a win-win!
With this need in mind, and in order to provide you with additional tools and resources for supporting Update Your References Week (always the first full week in May), CDI’s education committee has compiled this 4-page tip sheet from the master strategies of industry members. You will find content which includes:
- Why references are important
- How to choose the best references
- How to prepare a client’s references for this important role
- What to include in the reference page for each reference, including some optional ideas that can add value
- How to follow up with references throughout the interviewing process
- Hot to utilize references
- What to do in special circumstances, such as not having enough professional references
- Additional resources you can use to promote Update Your References Week for media attention and to help your clients.
Download the tip sheet (Your freebie):
Employment Reference Sheets – curated by CDI’s Education Committee from member contributions
Like what you see? For a limited time you can use coupon code RISE20 to join CDI at a $120 savings!