This was a great master class, which covered definitions, benefits, logistics, format/structure, and marketing of job clubs. Topics:
- “What exactly is a job club?
- Are there different types of clubs?
- Why would a job seeker want to participate in a job club? What’s the benefit?
- What about for the facilitator? What could a coach expect to get out of it?
- What types of locations work best for an in-person Job Club?
- What about online locations?
- What are some Ground Rules for optimum efficiency and effectiveness?
- Should a job club be paid or free? If paid, what are typical fees? Per meeting? For the entire program?
FORMAT / STRUCTURE
- Would someone like to share ideas for a typical agenda?
- How long would a typical Job Club session last?
- What about topics?
- How are topics selected? Are there featured speakers? Panels?
MARKETING & PROMOTION
- What are some techniques to gain visibility for the Job Club?
- Should the Job Club have a sponsor or sponsors?
- How do you get a sponsor?
- How can you turn Job Club members into evangelists for the Job Club?
- Chandlee Bryan of Best Fit Forward
- Laura Labovich of Aspire! Empower! Career Strategy Group
- Susan Guarneri of Assessment Goddess
Login to View the Rest of This Article
Resume Writers and Career Coaches
Access this + all of CDI’s resource library for as little as $97.
Whether you are just starting out or are an established entrepreneur, Career Directors has resources available to take you to your next step.