Do you wish you could kick up your resumes with some graphic sass but don’t know quite how to start? Are you also worried that more visually distinctive elements will hurt your resumes with ATS? In this recording of a live Q&A session, Marie Plett offers you solutions, strategies, and ideas for harmonizing beautiful resume design with ATS friendliness.
It’s a perfect world! Marie lived up to her promise to, “Share her screen and all her secrets” in this 105-minute Zoom event on graphic resume design meets ATS.
Marie Plett is a Certified Graphic Resume Architect and Certified Executive Resume Master who started her professional career developing graphics and apparel for some of the world’s most popular fashion brands until she followed her true calling to become a resume writer and founded AspirationsResume.com in 2004.
Marie now uses her considerable graphic design skills to create exceptional resumes that have won 5 ROAR Awards and 21 TORI Awards since 2016, which includes 10 First Place TORIs.
- Answer attendee questions in detail.
- Live, supportive demos of strategies in MS Word, ATS software programs, and online searches.
- Samples and examples from Marie’s TORI-entry resumes and her library.
- Deal with long and/or segmented job titles while honoring ATS and not losing the career story.
- Handle addresses on the resume – full or city/state and zip only.
- How to get design inspiration and graphic strategies for a variety of professions. Professions specifically touched on – healthcare, human resources, patient experience professional.
- Use of 2-column Canva-style resume formats and best practices for ATS compatibility.
- Tables in the resume and ATS.
- Problem with overlaying designed text as an image with plain text behind it.
- How to make the background of an image transparent.
- Where to find banner ideas.
- Emojis and ATS compliance.
- Inserting vectors into Word documents.
- What ATS programs you can put a resume into (for free) to test it.
- If there are ATS programs that will toss out a resume if it has images, vector headers, or inserted icons.
- Keywords in Word via metadata in properties.
- How to design line charts in Word.
- Page borders and ATS.
- How to find new trends in images, page layouts, and designs online.
- Less aggressive, minor tweaks you can do to resume design to help win over reticent clients, or professors teaching resume writing, to more creative resume writing. This is about getting their (and even your) feet wet.
- And more….
Marie’s Other Video Tutorials & Offer
CDI’s Additional Resume Writing Resources
The bolded ones are ones by Marie or that Laura referred to during the event.
Step-by-Step Graphic Logos for TORI-Winning Resumes with Marie Plett (Video Master Class) >> (FREE TO EVERYONE)
Top CDI Resume Writing Tools and Resources (Master Page) >>
How to Design ATS-Friendly Graphic Resumes with Marie Plett (Video Master Class) >>
Resume Formatting Magic Tricks & Charts in MS Word with Marie Plett (Video Master Class) >>
How to Embrace the Future of Visual Storytelling in Resume Writing with Skye Berry (Video Master Class) >>
Story-Based Value Propositions in Resume Writing, LinkedIn Profiles, and Peripheral Documents with Kimberly Robb Baker (Video Master Class) >>
Executive Career Portfolio Resumes with Mary Elizabeth Bradford (Video Master Class) >>
Elevate Your Resume Formatting from Blah to Brilliant with Cheryl Lynch Simpson (Video Master Class) >>
Mind Control via Emotional Resonance in Resume Writing with Donald Burns (Video Master Class)
Visual Branding for Resume Writing in MS Word with Cheryl Lynch Simpson (Video Master Class)
Resume Writing Intake Process with Tiffany Hardy (Video Master Class)
Headlines & Branding Statements in Resumes with Laura Smith-Proulx (Video Master Class)
Story Telling & Branding in Resume Writing with Kim Robb Baker (Video Master Class)