Presented by Posey Salem, CARW, CMT, Safety Engineer and former OSHA Recommended and Authorized Outreach Trainer. President of Radiant Resume Career Services.
With our specialties, we can spend a lot of time at the computer, sitting in our desk chair, and putting a lot of physical stress and strain on ourselves. Watch this CDI exclusive member webinar to learn ergonomic tips to optimize your office.
In this session, you will learn how to optimize your home office using ergonomic strategies and best practices. We will discuss chronic pain and injury resulting from cumulative trauma and ways to prevent injury and alleviate discomfort. Q & A session included. More specifically, we will explore:
- How to recognize symptoms of repetitive stress and cumulative trauma injury.
- Methods to identify the best height for your desk, chair, arm rests, keyboard, mouse, and monitor whether sitting or standing.
- Strategies for making office furniture, equipment and lighting adaptations to accommodate your individual body, height and vision.
- Practical advice for lifestyle changes to prevent and or reduce chronic pain and injury associated with repetitive stress.
- Tips for stretches and exercises that help to relieve tension in neck, shoulders, back, arms and hands.
Login to View the Rest of This Article
Resume Writers and Career Coaches
Access this + all of CDI’s resource library for as little as $97.
Whether you are just starting out or are an established entrepreneur, Career Directors has resources available to take you to your next step.
Posey is a Certified Advanced Resume Writer and contributing member of the CDI education committee. She worked as a safety engineer and nation-wide occupational safety and health trainer for seven years. She was authorized by OSHA to deliver outreach training and achieved their ‘recommended trainer’ status. She is a Certified Master Trainer (CMT) and Certified Instructional Systems Designer (CISD) with a BS degree in Safety Engineering.