Let’s Stand Up As One – Career Practitioners Striving to Eradicate Workplace Bias was a powerful event. Whether you were able to join these events live or not, the video recording or the roundtable and the follow up Q&A, suggested readings, and in-depth PowerPoint make these a very valuable resource.
Please scroll down for both session videos.
The Four Core Topics Addressed in This Program:
AUDIT: to inform career service professionals of how bias is impacting our industry.
AWAKEN: to provide an opportunity for reflection on how we contribute to or prevent bias.
ANALYZE: to determine why bias occurs in our profession.
ACT: to take decisive, tangible steps that bring about positive change.
The Following Topics Are Reviewed:
- Definition of bias and how serious of an issue it is in current hiring practices.
- Most common ways minorities or BIPOC (Black Indigenous People of Color) experience bias in hiring.
- Statistics of bias in terms of wage, geography, names, and industry.
- Worst places for black women to work in the US in terms of pay gap.
- Definition of the different forms of unconscious bias.
- How bias impacts decision making.
- Understanding ethnocentrisim and tokenism.
- LinkedIn reports on diversity for all industries, tech, non-tech, and leadership.
- Varying forms of microaggressions.
- How to reduce personal bias.
- Benefits of diversity and what black men and women say contributes to diversity.
- Strategies to help clients navigate bias.
Special thanks to the following CDI members and industry leaders for putting together this program and helping to pave the way for more discussions to come.
Nickquolette Barrett, iRock Résumés
Alana Henry, The Writique, LLC
Melanie L. Denny, Resume-Evolution
Ashley Bolden, Contoured Résumés + Recruiter for Wayfair
Ashley Watkins, Write Step Résumés, LLC
Login to View the Rest of This Article
Resume Writers and Career Coaches
Access this + all of CDI’s resource library for as little as $97.
Whether you are just starting out or are an established entrepreneur, Career Directors has resources available to take you to your next step.