All job seekers need professional employment references, but many aren’t prepared. With your help, they can choose, prepare, and follow up with the best references, gather their information, and use them like a pro to leverage in their job search. Plus, it creates an added revenue stream to boost your dollars per client — what a win-win!
With this need in mind, and in order to provide you with additional tools and resources for supporting Update Your References Week (always the first full week in May), CDI’s education committee has compiled this 4-page tip sheet from the master strategies of industry members. You will find content which includes:
- Why references are important
- How to choose the best references
- How to prepare a client’s references for this important role
- What to include in the reference page for each reference, including some optional ideas that can add value
- How to follow up with references throughout the interviewing process
- Hot to utilize references
- What to do in special circumstances, such as not having enough professional references
- Additional resources you can use to promote Update Your References Week for media attention and to help your clients.
Login to View the Rest of This Article
Resume Writers and Career Coaches
Access this + all of CDI’s resource library for as little as $97.
Whether you are just starting out or are an established entrepreneur, Career Directors has resources available to take you to your next step.