Blogging is something every resume writer and career coach should be doing to demonstrate expertise and build authority, trust, and interest in their services.
So isn’t it time you got that motor revving?
But what do you write about?
How often should you publish a post?
What length should your posts reach?
What about getting SEO from your posts to improve ranking?
Should you guest post?
Whew! It’s enough to make anyone sweat from stress and overwhelm!
Have no fear!
CDI has polled your colleagues and the individuals who consider themselves effective bloggers within the industry.
Thanks to them we now have this nifty 4-page tips sheet on blogging for your resume writing and/or career coaching business.
- Finding blogs for guest posting.
- Contacting blog sites about guest posting opportunities.
- Handling requests to guest blog on your site.
- Utilizing writing best practices.
- Finding relevant blog topics to write about.
- Promoting your blog including automatic posting tools and cross-promoting on social sites (articles vs. posts on LinkedIn).
- Utilizing SEO tools and strategy.
- Understanding images and tags.
- Checking backlinks.
- Targeting most effective lengths.
Special thanks to contributors:
Wendi Weiner, The Writing Guru, LLC
Jeri Hird Dutcher, Workwrite
Lori A. Jazvac, Creative Horizons Communications – Resumes
Rachel Raymond, RVP Writing and Design, LLC
Laura Hartnell, Laura Hartnell Career Transition Services
Rebecca Henninger, The Job Girl
Laura DeCarlo, CDI
Login to View the Rest of This Article
Resume Writers and Career Coaches
Access this + all of CDI’s resource library for as little as $97.
Whether you are just starting out or are an established entrepreneur, Career Directors has resources available to take you to your next step.