Certified Master Resume Writer Credential (CMRW)
Professional Resume Writing Certification
The resume industry’s oldest and most prestigious Master-level resume credential.
There are actors…and then there is Robert DeNiro. There are cars…and then there is the Rolls-Royce. There are rock ‘n roll bands…and then there are The Rolling Stones.
There are resume writers…and then there are Certified Master Resume Writers.
Becoming a CMRW means that you are among the very best of the best. That you are a star in the resume writing industry.
As one of a select group of elite resume writers, your portfolio of work stands out for its innovation, for the advanced formatting that grasps the attention of the reader, and in the superior command of the language that makes every bullet point an unfolding story-a revelation for the reader and a triumph for your clients.
Certified Master Resume Writers have proven themselves by submitting a portfolio of work that has been judged by a panel of CMRW peers. Professionals who themselves are TORI Award Winners and worldwide leaders of the industry.
Clients looking for proven talents are looking for you. Executives, Consultants, Entrepreneurs and industry gurus aren’t looking for a standard resume. They are looking for a professional to create value propositions and to establish the vision. A professional who has business savvy, possesses a superior way with words, and can build a compelling case for hiring in a dog-eat-dog world.
Is that professional you? See what you can do to stamp your mark on the world. Become one of CDI’s elite writers here.
How the CMRW Process Works
To apply and qualify for the CMRW, you must meet the following credentialing requirement:
You must have already earned a recognized resume certification (e.g., CARW, MRW, NCRW, CPRW, CMRS, CRS, MCRS, ACRW).
You must submit the following materials for consideration:
1. Choose one of the following:
- Essay of no less than 1000 words on your philosophy and approach to resume writing, and why you feel you are a qualified candidate to be awarded the CMRW credential. <or>
- Article of no less than 1000 words on a topic about or relating to resume writing that demonstrates your knowledge and expertise.
2. Seven (7) professional resumes, one (1) ATS-friendly resume and two (2) cover letter samples along with a brief description for each one of (a) the project situation / challenge, (b) explanation of choices for document style and information inclusion and (c) job seeker results (if known). Preferred topics include*:
- Executive Resume
- Career Change Resume
- New Graduate Resume
- Technical Resume (e.g., engineer, scientist, technician, IT pro)
- Professional Resume (e.g., manager, director, physician, account exec.)
- Re-Entry into the Workforce Resume
- Resume of Your Choice
- ATS-friendly Resume of Your Choice
- Cover Letters (2) of Your Choice
* Substitutions may be acceptable upon approval. Please contact us at email@example.com to evaluate your situation.
Upon registration, you will receive a copy of CDI’s Resume Writing Guide, a $39.95 value.
Pay the credential registration fee of $297.00 (register below).
Instructions will then be sent to you on preparing your submission via email.
Application Review Process
Upon receipt, your application materials will be submitted blind to members of the certification committee for review, analysis, and approval.
What the committee looks for in terms of big-picture criteria in blind review of portfolio samples:
- Equal Strengths in Multiple Disciplines: The writer exhibits strengths in writing for all diverse disciplines in the portfolio.
- Contextual Narrative: Experience and achievements are placed in context to tell a story, not just provide a result.
- Branding Elements: Documents “humanize” the client by providing elements unique to the individual’s personal brand.
- Strategy: Documents show that strategic thought has been taken in positioning information for optimum impact.
- Advanced Visual Appeal: The document stands out due to its elegant or contemporary formatting (Industry specific).
This review and evaluation period is 4-6 weeks upon which you will be notified of the final status of your application. Portfolios not meeting the standards of the CMRW credential will be counseled on an individual basis to determine appropriate steps for remediation.
Should more than one additional submission (recognized as a second portfolio) be required to fulfill the needs of the CMRW credentialing process, an added processing fee of $95 will be applied.
Upon committee approval you will be conferred and awarded the CMRW designation, which will include use of the logo for print and web, sample press release and certificate.
The CMRW process allow you to take as long as you need within one calendar year of registration. However, it should take a very short amount of time to gather together most of the required elements as it is primarily an administrative record-keeping process. Please be advised that you must maintain an active CDI membership to complete this certification.
Sample CMRW-Level Resume and Portfolio Documents
Why Job Seekers Pick CDI Certified Writers
View the Top 10 Reasons You Need a CDI Certified Resume Writer of reasons why job seekers choose to work with CDI certified resume writers. Read It Now >>
Feedback from CMRW Certified Writers
Anyone who has aspirations to command more dollars and is keen to build on his or her expertise should simply bite the bullet and do it. Some associations only have one credential – that’s not for me! My business branding is all about striving for excellence.
I don’t want to get into comparing certifications across the different associations but let’s just say that my preference is to apply the “Goldilocks” philosophy. Some are too time consuming and expensive, some don’t exist, and others are “Just Right”! I’d place the CMRW in the “Just Right” Category!
My greatest business mentor (who also happened to be my Dad) told me ‘if you stand still in business you’ll fail!’ To succeed you need to keep driving to stay ahead of the pack, to extend yourself and to differentiate yourself from all the others in your field. To me the CMRW was a great tool for this. It pitches you as an “expert” in your field, pushes you to grow as a writer and surrounds you with peers all working towards the same goals.
constantly market my CMRW credential beyond its being a feature. It translates to having earned status as an expert — one of the best in the world. THAT translates to a real find for the client-value, benefit and return on investment.
Register Now! Prove your mastery today with the CMRW!
Paid Association Member Pricing
Current association members receive discounts on certifications and programs.
You receive $100 (25%) off of this certification.
Not a member?
Membership in CDI is not required to become a CMRW.
However, paying members receive:
- 25% off ($100 discount) on certification registration.
- Reduced renewal fee.
- All the benefits of association membership.
We have streamlined our renewal requirements for our advanced credentials (CMRW, CERM, CGRA, CRS+X, CCST).
To renew your credential you must:
- Pay the portfolio review fee of $75 every three years following initial certification.
- Submit a portfolio for review of three (3) resumes and a 1-page document (essay or blog post style) accounting for what has changed in this area of resume writing during the past three years and how you have maintained your skills.
Update requirements are a prerequisite of retaining this credential. CDI reserves the right to revoke this credential if these requirements are not met and maintained.
The Certification Committee
The CMRW credentialing program was restructured under the guidance of the CDI’s highly-talented, global Certification Committee. Hand-picked to represent the best-of-the-best of the industry and its various resume certification procedures, the committee’s members include:
- Certification Chair: Gayle Howard, CERM, CMRW, MRWLAA, MCD, MCPLAA, MRW, CPRW, CCM, BIC, HRCC, CWPP, CARW – Top Margin Resumes Online, Melbourne, Australia
- Patricia Duckers, CMRW, CPRW, CEIP, CWPP, CFRW, CFRWC, MFCC, MFCC/T, MMRW – CareerPro Global, Inc., Edison, New Jersey
- Barb Poole, CERM, CMRW, CARW, CCMC, CPRW, PHR, BS – Hire Imaging, Maple Grove, Minnesota
- Gillian “Jill” Kelly, CERM, CMRW, MRWLAA, CARW, ATSC – Career Edge, Queensland, Australia
- Erin Kennedy, CERM, CMRW, CPRW – Professional Resume Services, Lapeer, Michigan
- Darlene Dassy, CERM, CMRW, CARW – Dynamic Resume Solutions, Sinking Springs, Pennsylvania
- Michelle Lopez, CMRW, CRS+AF, CRS+ME, CARW – One2One Resumes, Western Australia
- Dawn S. Bugni, CMRW, MRW, CPRW – The Write Solution, Atkinson, North Carolina
- Carolyn Whitfield, CMRW, CERM, CARW, CEIC, CP-OJSRM – Total Resumes, Tasmania, Australia
- Scott Nichols, MBA, CERM, CGRA, CPRW, CEIC, CEIP – Advanced Method Resumes & Career Services, Granite Bay, California
All requirements of CMRW certification, renewal, and CDI membership standards must be maintained in order to earn or retain a CDI credential. CDI reserves the right to revoke a CMRW credential for any of the following: Renewal requirements are not maintained and completed within required timelines. Membership lapses due to non-renewal. Individual is found guilty in a court of law for a grievance within the industry (unprofessional, unethical, unlawful conduct and/or business practices).
For more information on the CMRW credential contact CDI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Job Seeker Hire CMRW Certified Writers
View the Top 10 Reasons You Need a CDI Certified Resume Writer of reasons why job seekers choose to work with CDI certified resume writers. Read it now >>