Dramatically Enhance Your Resume Writing Expertise in Just Three Sessions With Award-Winning Resume Master, Laura DeCarlo
Do you find Yourself?
- Entering resume competitions but not getting nominated? Or getting nominated but never winning?
- Just not sure how your skills stack up or what you need to do to take your writing and layout skills to the next level?
- Wishing you could create more dynamic and visually exciting resumes with ease?
- Ready to kick up your skillset, your confidence, and your rates in resume writing?
- Wanting to pursue advanced credentialing like the Certified Master Resume Writer?
Then CDI’s Resume Writing Master Mentor Consulting Program is for You!
In this intensive and exciting laser coaching program, you will work 1-1 with Laura DeCarlo, CDI’s President and an industry leading resume writer and multi-resume award winner, to evaluate your resume writing, pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses, and dramatically enhance your skills.
How it Works
Before the first session you will be given instructions for submitting 1-2 resumes for review. These resumes are typically representative of what you feel showcases your strongest work, but can also be ones that you found most challenging. They can also be ones you have previously entered in the TORIs. Along with those resumes you will also share any specific goals or challenges you would like to tackle. It’s OK if you are not sure what your next steps should be at this point. Individual sessions will be laser-focused to the lessons that you need to help you to rapidly ramp up your technique and strengthen any areas needing improvement. Together we will transform your resume writing. These 1-1 sessions will include instructional assignments and could cover:
- Information gathering techniques for writing richer, more developed content, capturing results stories, and brand.
- How to write and set hooks in job descriptions to keep employers/reviewers engaged and wanting to really read for details.
- Effective funneling strategies to pull employers/reviewers into the document from the start.
- Ways to easily move from passive to powerful, dynamic language.
- How to find your client’s brand and unique selling proposition in the content gathering process.
- Easy ways to take static content and layouts into more dynamic, industry-appropriate presentations with graphs, graphics, charts, and color.
- Strategies to apply key words in effective and scannable presentations.
- How-to formatting to improve scannability and visual presentation.
- Ways to identify bottom-line unique value for your client in the summary.
- Keys to capitalizing on the CAR (challenge, action, result) model to engage reviewers and sell your candidates.
- Sessions that build on themselves to dramatically boost your writing in the shortest time possible.
What You Will Receive
This is an exclusive personalized program chock full of resources, tools, and solutions to cut right to what fast-tracks YOU to becoming the best resume writer you can be. Join resume master, Laura DeCarlo, for:
- Three individual, deep-dive sessions by phone with 1-1 expert guidance on improving your resume writing, feedback on document changes, and effective techniques to interview, write, and create powerful resumes. Sessions are booked one per month to give you time to integrate the new strategies.
- Screen sharing will be used during the sessions to show you solutions in real-time.
- Valuable guidance tools and materials will be provided for your use with shared material, edited resumes, and ‘after’ resume ideas emailed to you following each session. Laura spends up to 90 minutes in preparation with your resume(s) for each session.
- Copy of CDI’s Resume Certification guide will be provided for more tips and step-by-step strategies on formatting and writing.
- Sessions that build on themselves to make sure you are leveraging the strategies and ideas and incorporating them into your resumes.
- A new take on the resume development process, increased confidence and power in your resume writing, and the opportunity to take your craft to the next level…perhaps to win a CDI resume award. An award, such as a TORI can easily triple your business, position you to charge more, and pick and choose the clients you love to work with!
How this Program is Different From a Resume Course
In a structured course, you fit yourself to a set program curriculum that follows an A to Z path meant to cover the typical requirements of writing resumes better. As an experienced resume writer you are still most likely going to learn more but you are going to be stuck spending lots of time on information that you already know and do, never gaining direct input on where you can dramatically improve your OWN writing, information gathering, and development process. The CDI Resume Writing Master Mentor Consulting Program is not a one-size-fits-all curriculum meant to satisfy the needs of all resume writers. Instead, it is a highly individualized, 1-1, laser-focused process where you work with an award-winning industry expert to cut right to what YOU need to improve your writing. You can expect to make dramatic strides in your writing with this unique, tailored approach beyond any other method available in training.
How to Get Started
Because of the highly individualized 1-1 nature of the Resume Writing Master Mentor Consulting Program, space is extremely limited. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve availability and a waiting list may be made available. Additionally, if entering a CDI annual resume writing competition is your goal, you won’t want to wait to ensure ample time to prepare!
Who is Not a Candidate for this Program
If you are new to resume writing or feel you are still getting the hang of the craft, this program will not provide the amount of time needed to bring you up to speed. Instead, check out CDI’s Resume Mastery course. Having a resume certification to participate in the program is not mandatory, but it is a good indication of having a background ready for this advanced tutelage. This program is not for specialized federal resume writing.
About Your Mentor
Laura DeCarlo entered her first resume writing competition while attending her first PARW conference (1996?) and won a first place award for Most Visually Distinctive Resume. She entered her next competition after joining CDI (then PRWRA) in 2000. From that competition she won ‘Most points overall’, first place for Best Resume Format, first place for Most Creative resume, second place for Best Resume Content, and second place for Best Functional Resume. (She’s proud to say she and Gayle Howard competed and both took home first place awards way back then)! From the results of that competition, she was asked to join the Board of Directors as VP of Awards where she directed the awards, now called the TORIs. She later collaborated with the new Director of Awards as CDI’s President to create the World’s Best Resume Writer competition, Career Innovator Award competition, and Lifetime Achievement Award. Laura authored and published Resumes for Dummies, 7th edition, in 2015. Highlights of Laura’s Achievements:
- She successfully built a part-time, 6-figure resume writing and career coaching practice.
- She is the author of Resumes for Dummies, 7th edition, and has been published in over 16 other resume writing books and authored three other industry books. She has also edited numerous resume reports and e-books.
- She has run an award-winning university placement program with a placement rate of 94-97% within 90 days of graduation for 7 consecutive years (much attributed to the quality of their resumes).
- She has traveled nationally offering transition workshops for the US government and presenting to peer groups and job seekers at multiple international and national conferences.
- She has guided the development of all CDI’s resume certification programs in conjunction with the Resume Certification committee.
- She is quoted extensively on resume writing trends by major media and has her pulse on the dynamics of today’s winning resume.
- She is one of only 24 Certified Master Resume Writers and one of only six Lifetime Achievement Award winners worldwide.
- During the last 22 years she has helped thousands of job seekers to attain career success, especially in her crazy-paced role as Resume Expert for 54 national and international professional associations.
- During the last ten years, she has helped hundreds of career professionals to hone their resume writing craft in order to attain certification, resolve client conflicts, grow their businesses/improve their program stats, increase their earnings, write faster, and to win CDI resume awards….YOU COULD BE NEXT!
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to work privately with the industry’s leading resume writing expert! And, perhaps there will be a TORI award in YOUR FUTURE! But no matter what your goal, you will dramatically propel your resume writing skills.
CDI membership is a prerequisite to registration.
* If you are not currently a CDI member, you will need to also add annual or monthly membership at checkout. You can learn about membership and join here.
A Few More Program Testimonials
Resume mentor training with Laura DeCarlo is like having Ina Garten (The Barefoot Contessa) cook her favorite recipes with you. You know from the outset that it’s going to be insightful, interactive, and intended to teach you things that will distinguish you. Laura mixes her gift with humor with powerful tools and examples that demonstrate her points while delivering practical and powerful tidbits to take away and nibble on later. – Cheryl Milmoe
Once again, I want to tout the programs made available to our members. I signed up for this mentoring program in preparation for the TORI Awards. Laura has provided in-depth and focused mentoring to build strengths in the areas of formatting, ‘hooks’ to gain interest and content. She did this all with integrity and grace. During this process I had the opportunity to utilize her tips in a ‘rush’ resume and my client was very pleased. I would recommend this program even if you are not considering the TORI Award. I know I will continue to utilize her services. Once again, a new layer of depth has been added to my business. My professional recommendation: ‘Laura you Rock!’ – Patti Rock
One of the best things I did last year was to attend my first CDI conference. I’ve attended other conferences, some of which were very good, but CDI really delivered the goods.
The next best thing I did was to sign up for Laura’s Master Mentor program designed to help prepare for the TORI contest. I thought I was a pretty decent resume writer when I started, but I knew I needed to ‘up my game’—not only to win a contest but also to offer greater value to my clients.
The value I gained from Laura’s one-on-one coaching and focused feedback was beyond price! I know it’s going to pay for itself many times over in the months and years to come.– Georgia Adamson
CDI membership is a prerequisite to registration.
*If you are not currently a CDI member, you will need to also add annual or monthly membership at checkout. You can learn about membership and join here.
For more information on consulting, contact CDI at email@example.com.