In a job search and in your own business, if you don’t understand the new ways of finding and creating job opportunities, you are losing out because you are invisible!
Do you feel like this whole online job search and social networking for job search thing is way beyond you and it seems impossible to ever get caught up?
Do you want to tap into new revenue streams that make your per-client profits grow while ensuring your clients are fully prepared to succeed at today’s changing job search?
Do you wish you had the time and skill to build your own online identity to increase your visibility?
Consider these facts:
- At last check, 40,000 new resumes were still being added to Monster.com each DAY by job seekers caught in the unfulfilling and frustrating passive search process;
- Companies such as Google receive as many as 70,000 unsolicited resumes each week from job seekers, making it impossible to stand out in a sea of rudderless candidates;
- Traditional job boards are on the decline and are rapidly becoming archaic with employer job postings declining by as much as 90% in the shift to new technologies, sourcing, and social tools;
- Social search is dominating the market as approximately 80% of employers use LinkedIn to screen job candidates (48% use Facebook and 26% use Twitter); and
- Over 83% of recruiters state they source talent for job openings through these same social sites.
(Sources – Entrepreneur.com, New York Times, Ere.net, JobVite)
What’s a job seeker to do? How’s their coach and resume writer to guide them??
The change taking place in how jobs are found is simply startling. Job seekers need to find their place online and they need you to lead them there. CDI’s Certified Professional in Online Job Search & Reputation Management (CP-OJSRM), formerly the Certified Internet Job Search Expert (CIJSE) course, will steer you through this maze and provide you with the tools, practical knowledge, and examples to expand your skill set, grow your business, and empower your clients to succeed in this new arena!
In fact, there is a hidden marketing bonus to the CP-OJSRM course for you:
While you are learning what to do for your clients to establish, clean up, or grow their online presence and perform their job search, you can apply the same tools and techniques to yourself and your business!
Our first graduate of the course took this to heart and used herself as one of the final case study campaign projects. Using the tools in Module 7, she first determined her current online visibility so she could then begin ramping up her online presence so that her name and her business are more accessible online. What a silver lining – grow your skills, grow your business simultaneously…you could even expand your client base to other consultants and entrepreneurs who face the same challenges!
- The best of tried-and-true job search strategies and how to perform them efficiently and effectively online.
- Cutting-edge social strategies which encompass online networking and job development as well as online identity and reputation management.
- Tools you can use to help your clients AND boost your own online visibility and expertise.
- A new revenue stream for your business coupled with added success for your clients! You’ll make more money per client while increasing your confidence and their results.
- An easy way to reduce risk of clients blaming the resume for their lack of success when they don’t know how to job search.
Whether you want to educate your clients in workshops or one-to-one coaching, create online identities, stay up-to-date on new industry trends, and/or put together job search and career packages for your clients, here’s just some of what you will be able to do when you finish this course:
- Utilize the web to more easily find the information you are seeking.
- Determine a client’s existing online identity.
- Capitalize on online tools to find hidden jobs.
- Create LinkedIn profiles for clients (includes sample profiles).
- Leverage free online resources to identify hidden jobs, careers, new industries, and networking opportunities.
- Assist clients in finding contacts and getting endorsements.
- Help clients join LinkedIn groups and attain expert status by answering posted questions.
- Teach clients how to use LinkedIn to search for contacts at companies.
- Use apps to enhance LinkedIn presence (add your blog, add video, sync with Twitter, show/sell your books).
- Guide clients to establish a presence on Twitter and then create an information campaign of expertise.
- Help clients to use Twitter to monitor industry activity and opportunities with various job search and monitoring tools.
- Show clients how to become active on Facebook, especially those in consulting or self-employment.
- Help clients to establish a blog presence or become a content curator to showcase their expertise and become known in their space.
- Teach clients to make networking contacts through discussion groups and ListServs while establishing their expertise.
- Advise and assist clients to clean up (and avoid) digital dirt on the Web.
- Position clients to go viral with their expertise (or at least information share).
- Teach clients about the do’s and don’ts of online video.
- Use free tools to create a web portfolio / web resume and online presence.
- Resell (affiliate relationship) online job search tools and hidden job search training materials for win-win profits and client success.
- Gain media attention from journalists to get quoted on the Web and in print.
- Publish articles on the Internet as well as press releases and e-books.
- Provide advice to clients on starting radio shows and creating podcasts.
- Leverage online career management tools for smooth tracking and transition.
- Explore new revolutions in resumes to adopt, follow, or fight – the scoop, how-to, and samples on Facebook resumes and LinkedIn resumes.
- Learn how to use QR codes and why they probably aren’t worth your time today.
- Leverage mobile job search applications, mobile job boards, and mobile social networking.
- Develop strategy campaigns using all the above tools, which focus on online identity campaigns for job seekers, consultants, and solo-preneurs; career research campaigns (resources for pursuing a new career), and job opportunity identification campaigns.
- Increase your per-client revenues and your client successes.
In short, you will have the knowledge, confidence, and skill to direct your clients on how to navigate the online job world successfully while also boosting your own social media visibility. Get certified today!
The course begins with recommended (not required reading) and moves into seven modules of course material with exercises for completion in each which will be submitted as part of a final portfolio of work.
The ninth module includes the sample campaigns and instructions on creating three such campaign case studies for the completion of the portfolio. These case studies can be created on real or fictional clients, and have even been completed by students on their own personal and business identities.
Your mentor will be available via email to answer your questions and provide feedback on your module exercises.
Upon successful completion and approval of the portfolio and case studies, the certification will be issued. There is no final exam.
Who Should Take This Course
Any career professional, working with clients at any and all levels, who wants to understand how to effectively utilize the Internet for job search, online identity, career management, industry/professional/job research, and reputation management.
Remember – this course blends old and new so while you may come upon techniques with which you are familiar, we have made every effort to introduce new techniques and online spins that make the common easier, more efficient, more innovative, and more effective.
Since it is a self-paced curriculum, you can take as long as you need within one calendar year of registration. However, most students would be able to easily complete the program in approximately 6-8 weeks by committing 3-5 hours per week. There are no live class sessions to ensure you have the flexibility to work at your own pace, day or night. You will be provided with support and feedback from the course creator as your mentor throughout the program to ensure your success!
- Members – One Payment of $997 US
- Members – Three Payments of $385 US
- Non-Members – One Payment of $1,264 US*
- Non-Member – Three Payments N/A*
*If you are not currently a CDI member, please select the Non-Member rate above as it includes mandatory membership. For non-members who desire a 3-pay option, membership should also be added to the cart and then the member 3-payment option can be selected. To become a CDI member or to learn more about membership visit the Join page.
The CP-OJSRM certification must be renewed every three (3) years by purchasing the program update modules. Depending on how comprehensive industry changes are, the update may range from $25-250.
All requirements of CP-OJSRM certification, renewal, and CDI membership standards must be maintained in order to earn or retain a CDI credential. CDI reserves the right to revoke a CP-OJSRM credential for any of the following: Renewal requirements are not maintained and completed within required timelines. Membership lapses due to non-renewal. Individual is found guilty in a court of law for a grievance within the industry (unprofessional, unethical, unlawful conduct and/or business practices).
Old Logo and Course Replacement
CDI still recognizes the original CIJSE logo, although the course is no longer offered and the information is considered out-of-date as of February 2011. It is recommended that you update as soon as possible to the CP-OJSRM, which incorporates the new and critical online job search trends of today.
The following members contributed content to Module 7:
- Susan Guarneri – AssessmentGoddess.com
- Laura Labovich – Aspire! Empower! Career Strategy Group
- Barb Poole – Hire Imaging, LLC
- Darlene Dassy – Dynamic Resume Solutions
- Erin Kennedy – Professional Resume Services
- Gayle Howard – Top Margin Career Marketing
CDI membership is a prerequisite for registration. For more information on membership visit the Join page.
For more information on the CP-OJSRM credential, contact CDI at email@example.com.