A competition for career coaches and career industry leaders to demonstrate and be recognized for your innovation!
NOTE: This competition is currently on hiatus. Members will be notified when it is reintroduced.
To innovate (definition from Dictionary.com): “To introduce something new or make changes in anything established.”
Are You a Career Innovator?
Have you created a resource, tool, program, or initiative that has added significant value to the careers industry, either to job seekers or career professionals? Then enter CDI’s Career Innovator Awards competition.
Possible Innovation Areas
- Career Assessment
- Book or e-Book
- Training Program
- Software, Technology and/or Web Tools/Web Resources
- New Methodology
- Outreach Programs
CDI’s goal is to allow career professionals a platform to demonstrate their expertise, innovation, and commitment to the careers industry.
Our Award Committee will select up to five of the most innovative and effective of the entries for recognition. All awards will be considered equal designations of innovation and excellence as contributions to the industry.
Benefits of Participation
Demonstrate your innovation as a career professional by being selected as one of the most innovation implementations.
This competition will allow you to distinguish yourself as an expert who is committed to making a difference to job seekers and the industry.
Winning a Career Innovator Award is an outstanding way to gain press and recognition — positioning you to grow either in your current job as a career professional or in expanding your business as you build further awareness for your level of excellence. Who wouldn’t want to work with or promote a career professional who is recognized for innovating in the industry?
There are no award categories or segmentation to avoid limiting the areas in which people are innovating and creating.
Evaluate the suitability of your program, service, tool, or site using the four following questions:
- Do you have the right to the innovation? Is it solely your innovation or are you willing to recognize everyone who has contributed to your innovation? Can you attain signatures from contributors agreeing to the submission for the innovation? This is required for entry.
- Is your innovation unique or a variation of something that already exists? Either is acceptable if you can demonstrate how your entry is different and innovative.
- Are you willing to make your full innovation available for evaluation by seven judges? (Judges have signed agreements to limit their use to the innovation to this evaluation only). Unwillingness to allow full access such as login to an online system or a copy of a book for up to seven judges makes it impossible to consider.
- Do you have evidence that your innovation has had a positive impact on the industry? You will need to provide at least three testimonials from end users.
If your innovation is an idea and has not been completely brought to market with testimonials, it is not suitable for entry.
How the Process Works
- Select the innovations you wish to enter (you can enter as many as you want as separate entries, simply make sure that each is unique from the others).
- Register online for the number of entries you plan to submit. Each entry is $49.95.
- Follow the instructions you will be emailed for submitting each innovation which includes completion of a questionnaire about the innovation.
- If you have previously entered an entry two times in the past, unless there has been substantial redevelopment, you may want to reconsider entering it a third time.
- Submit the innovation by the deadline.
Rules and Regulations
The competition is open to CDI members only.
Members can submit as many innovations as desired but must pay registration fees for each one and submit them separately. Make sure each entry is unique.
Entries which have previously received an award are not eligible for reentry.
All entries must meet the guidelines listed above. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. No refunds will be made.
Instruction Questionnaires that are supplied upon registration must be filled out in their entirety.
Entries must be self-contained and complete. The judges will not be available for tours or other demonstrations. Full access to the product, tool, or materials must be available for seven judges. Supplemental marketing material or demo videos may be included. Nothing will be returned.
Submissions must be received by the deadline. For mailed innovations, send seven copies of your innovation. NOTE FOR SHIPPING: Choose a method that guarantees delivery to CDI by the deadline.
Winners will be announced via email prior to the Annual Summit.
Winners are required to display award logos on their website homepage or credentials page (when winners/nominees have a website) with an active link to the CDI website. It is understood that recognitions are forfeited if this is not carried out or the logos are removed.
A one-time registration fee of $49.95 per entry is required to participate, which will assist us in covering the expense of awards, shipping, and administration. Registrants will receive all submission instructions and guidelines via email.
This competition is not anonymous; we believe it is impossible to control anonymity when judging existing products that might be highly visible in the marketplace or have a name / company name affixed to them.
No refunds will be made available for registrants not submitting their entries.
Failure to follow these and other submission guidelines will result in elimination from the competition.
The volume of submissions makes it impossible for the Award Committee Director to grant special provisions for those not following instructions.